- Install Ubuntu Antivirus
How to Install Antivirus in Ubuntu?
Generally, it is said that you don’t want to use antivirus software for Linux distributions. However, if you feel that you have to improve the protection of your Ubuntu computer. You can install Antivirus in Ubuntu computer.
Some of the free antivirus programs for Ubuntu are listed here for your reference.
- RookKit Hunter
- Comodo Antivirus for Linux
- Sophos for Linux
- Bitdefender for Unices
- F-Prot for Linux
You can install antivirus software on Ubuntu in two methods.
- Using the Terminal
- Download and install using the installer
If you choose to install using Terminal, you will have to run the appropriate commands. On the other hand, to install Antivirus in Ubuntu using the installer, you have to download the antivirus from its official site and then run the installer.
How to Install Antivirus Software in Ubuntu 18.04?
ClamAV is one of the best antivirus programs for Ubuntu. To install the ClamAV antivirus on Ubuntu,
- Go to the official site of ClamAV.
- Navigate to the Downloads sections and locate the suitable version for your Ubuntu device.
- Download ClamAV to your computer.
- Extract the compressed file and install ClamAV on your Ubuntu 18.04 computer.
How to Install Antivirus Software in Ubuntu 16.04?
ClamAV is an open-source antivirus program that helps to remove trojans, viruses, malware, and other threats from Ubuntu. This program performs multi-threaded scans. Also, this program uses a command-line utility for demand file scanning and signature updates. The steps to install the ClamAV antivirus program on Ubuntu 16.04 are given on this page.
- Open the Terminal window by pressing the Ctrl, Alt, and T keys at the same time.
- Type the ‘sudo apt install clamav clamav-daemon’ command line without the single quotes in the Terminal window and press the Enter key.
- This will install the ClamAV antivirus program on your computer.
- If you want to scan for viruses and malware, enter the ‘clamscan –infected –remove –recursive /home’ command line in the Terminal window.
- Once done with scanning, you will see the scan summary in the Terminal window.
- To scan infected files and folder, enter the ‘sudo clamscan –infected –remove –recursive /’ command line.
- You can even install the front-end client on Ubuntu by entering the ‘sudo apt install clamtk’ command line.
- After install Antivirus in Ubuntu, navigate to Activities Overviews and find the ClamTk client.
- Launch the client and set up the ClamAV program on the computer.