- Install Ubuntu From USB
How To Install Ubuntu From USB
- Launch your preferred web browser.
- Visit the official Ubuntu website, navigate to Download -> Ubuntu Desktop, and click 18.04 LTS.
- Once done with downloading, you will see the Opening ubuntu dialog box.
- Select the radio button next to the Save File option and click OK.
- Download the Rufus tool and open it.
- Fill the required fields with the relevant information.
- Select the checkbox next to the following options.
- Quick format
- Create extended label and icon files
- Check device for bad blocks
- Click the Start button.
- Select the radio button beside the ‘Write in ISO image mode (Recommended)’ option and click OK -> OK.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
- Turn on your computer or laptop and then press the F12 key on the keyboard.
- Select the USB Storage Device option.
- Choose your desired language and then click the Install Ubuntu button.
- Select your keyboard layout and click the Continue button.
- Select the radio button beside the ‘Connect to this network’ option.
- Choose your wireless network name.
- When prompted, provide the wireless network key in the Password field and click Connect -> Continue.
- Select the Normal Installation option.
- Also, choose both the Download updates and Install third-party software options.
- Click Continue to proceed.
- Choose your preferred installation type and click the Install Now button.
- Note: If you are an advanced user, select the Something else option.
- When you see the ‘Write the changes to disc’ dialog window, click the Continue option.
- Your location will be detected automatically.
- Check if the detected location is correct and then click Continue.
- Now, the ‘Who are you’ window will open.
- Enter your full name and the name of your computer in the Your Name and Your Computer’s Name fields, respectively.
- Create your username in the ‘Pick a username’ field.
- Create your password in the ‘Choose a password’ field.
- Reenter the password in the ‘Confirm your password’ field.
- Select the Continue option.
- You will see the ‘Welcome to Ubuntu’ message on the screen.
- Note: The Ubuntu installation might take a few minutes. It depends on the speed of your computer and the network connection.
- Wait until you see the Installation Complete dialog box.
- Select the Remove Now option.
- After the restart, remove the USB flash drive when you see a prompt message.