- Install Ubuntu On Mac Mini
How To Install Ubuntu On Mac Mini
Step 1 – ISO image
- Download the ‘ubuntu-14.04-server-amd64.iso’ image.
- Burn this iso image on a CD-ROM.
- Note: You can even use a USB flash drive to boot.
Step 2 – Installation
- Insert the CD-ROM or USB flash drive into your Mac Mini computer.
- If you have the USB-to-Ethernet adapter, use it to connect Ethernet uplink for your external Internet connection.
- Turn on the Mac Mini computer.
- At the same time, hold the alt/option key.
- Now, you will see a list of boot options on the screen.
- Choose the Install Ubuntu Server option.
- Specify your country, language, and keyboard layout.
- If you are using the USB-to-Ethernet adapter, you will be prompted for the primary network interface.
- Select your Ethernet uplink.
- If you see the ‘Configuring network with DHCP’ message, press Enter.
- Select Continue Do not configure the network at this time.
- Provide the necessary details.
- When you see the Partition screen, select the Yes option.
- Continue with the on-screen prompts to finish the installation.
- Once done, press Enter.
- Remove the CD-ROM or USB flash drive from the Mac Mini computer.
Step 3 – Login after reboot
- Log in to your Mac device.
- To find its external IP address, use the ‘ifconfig -a’ command.
- Also, you have to find the MAC address of the USB-Ethernet adapter if you are using it.
- Perform the following steps.
- Add the second hard drive
- Optimize the swap volume
- Configure the internal network interface
- Update all packages
- Update /etc/hosts file
- Note: If you are using an older version of Mac Mini, you have to clear the existing partitions and install Ubuntu.
- If you have any doubts in installing Ubuntu on Mac Mini, click the Call button.
- Our technical support member will resolve your hoe to Install Ubuntu On Mac Mini queries.