- Vb6 Service Pack 6 On Windows 10
How To Install VB6 Service Pack 6 On Windows 10?
This web page explains the step-by-step procedure to install the VB6 (Visual Basic 6) service pack on Windows 10. Visual Basic is a computer program that allows you to create macros and generate your own forms, graphs, and reports. The VB service pack is available in different types. Currently, VB6 is dead because Microsoft has stopped developing it by 2008. But, you can still install VB6 Service Pack 6 on Windows 10 computer. To know-how in detail, scroll down this page.
Step 1: Delete existing installation folder and registry entries
- If you have already tried to install VB6 on your Windows 10 computer and it has failed, then you need to re-install the VB service pack. First, you need to delete the existing installation folder and registry entries related to it.
- Deleting the installation folders: Go to your Windows 10 computer’s Local Dis C folder. Look for the installation folders related to the VB6 service pack and delete them. Make sure to clear all the folders of any MSDN Libraries.
- Deleting registry entries: Run the regedit.exe command to find and delete the registry entries related to the VB6 service pack. Proceed further on how to install VB6 Service Pack 6 on Windows 10 steps
Step 2: Prepare Setup Files
Make sure that you own a legal license copy of VB6 (either the Enterprise edition or the Professional version). The instructions below work for both the Enterprise and Professional versions of the service pack.
- First, create a folder named Setup on your Windows 10 computer’s desktop or the location of your desire.
- Now, insert the VB6 installation CD into your Windows 10.
- Copy all the contents stored in the installation CD and move them to the Setup folder.
- Open the installation CD and navigate to the Setup wizard section.
- Select and edit the file named SETUPWIZ.INI.
- Similarly, change the VmPath entry to VmPath=ie4\msjavz86.exe.
- Now, open the Setup folder that you have created on your Windows 10.
- Select and right-click on the SETUP.EXE file.
- Click the Properties option.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Click the checkbox beside the Run this program in compatibility mode for option and select the Windows XP (Service Pack 3) value from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Run this program as an administrator option in the Settings section.
- Click the Apply button followed by OK.
- The how to install VB6 Service Pack 6 on Windows 10 process almost completed, one more step is balance.
Step 3: Run the Visual Basic service pack 6 setup wizard
- Open the Setup folder.
- Highlight and right-click on the SETUP.EXE file.
- Click the Run as administrator option.
- Now, the VB6 Setup Dialog box will open up.
- Perform the on-screen instructions until you reach the dialog box titled Enterprise Setup or Professional setup.
- Click the Continue button.
- Now, the setup file will search for the previously installed components on your Windows 10 computer. It may take a while to complete.
- Once the search process is complete, a dialog box prompting you to select the installation type will appear on the screen.
- Choose the Custom or Custom Setup option.
- If prompted to install Source Safe, click the No button.
- In the VB6 Enterprise- Custom dialog box, select the VB6 options that you wish to install by clicking the checkbox beside them. Make sure to uncheck the components that you don’t wish to install.
- If you wish to install Unicode Libraries on your Windows 10, then select it and click the Change Option button on the same dialog box.
- Choose the Unicode of your desire from the list of suggestions. If you wish to choose all the codes, then click the Select All button.
- Click the OK button.
- Follow the prompts to return to the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise dialog box.
- Disable the ADO, RDS, and OLE DB Providers: Select the Data Access option on the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise dialog box and click the Change Option button. Uncheck the checkbox beside the ADO, RDS, and OLE DB Providers option in the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise – Data Access dialog box. Click the OK button.
- Disable Visual Studio Analyzer: In the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise dialog box, deselect the Visual Studio Analyzer option and click the OK button.
- Now, click the Continue button on the VB 6 Enterprise- Custom dialog box.
- In the Setup Environment Variable dialog box, deselect the Register Environment Variables option.
- Click the OK button.
- Now, run the VB6 installer file to install VB6 Service Pack 6 on Windows 10 computer.
- If prompted to overwrite the JIT settings after the installation process, click the No button followed by Restart Windows.
- Once the Windows 10 computer restarts, you’ll be asked to install the MSDN library. Click the checkbox beside Install MSDN.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to install the MSDN library on your computer.
- Once the VB6 file has been installed on your computer, you need to install the latest version of it, which is VB6 Service Pack 6.
- Visit the Microsoft website to download the latest version of VB6 Service Pack 6 on your computer.
- After downloading the latest service pack, open it with the admin rights.
- Complete the service pack installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the pack has been installed, the VB6 service pack 6 is ready to use.
Contact our technical experts if you need remote assistance to update Windows 10 service pack.
Contact us if you need remote assistance to install VB6 Service Pack 6 on Windows 10 computer.