- Play DVD on Laptop
How to Play DVD on Laptop?
In general, you need to have a built-in optical drive or external DVD player to play DVDs on your laptops. Without any media player, you cannot read the CD-ROM. On desktops, you have a built-in CD/DVD drive. Apple stops the manufacturing of an in-built CD drive for its laptops since 2013. But the last manufactured Apple laptop-the Macbook Pro Retina legacy is currently available for purchase. If you wish learn how to play DVD on laptop, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- You need to upgrade the Windows 7 operating system version to the latest version (Windows 10).
- It is because Microsoft announced that the Windows DVD Player app is no longer supported for Windows 7 OS.
- For Windows 8 and Windows 10 users, the Windows Media Center does not include if you update from the previous OS versions.
- After completing the upgrade, Windows will download the DVD Player automatically.
- If not, download it from the Microsoft Store.
- It is available for subscription.
- If you wish to install a free media player, download the apps such as VLC media player, 5KPlayer, Kodi, or Daum’s Pot Player.
- Once you have inserted the CD into the CD/DVD drive on the laptop, the media player app will automatically run the video once you confirm the default media player.
- Else, click the Start menu and type the media player name in the search panel.
- Give a double-click on the media player icon from the displayed result.
- Use the control buttons such as Play, Pause, Stop, Forward, and Rewind available on the bottom of the screen to play the video.
- If you are using the latest Mac laptops, you will find that it comes without any CD/DVD drives.
- Therefore, connect an external CD/DVD drive to your Mac and load the CD-ROM.
- Make sure that you have downloaded the media player app that is compatible with your Mac laptop.
- If you have not installed any media player apps, the DVD cannot play on your Apple laptop.