- Play PS4 on Laptop without Remote Play
How to Play PS4 on Laptop without Remote Play?
Let us see how to play PS4 on Laptop without Remote Play.you will need:
- An HDMI cable
- A USB-C to USB-A cable that is USB 3.0 compliant
- Download the control center application from the official website. For example, if you are using the Elgato HD60s, download the Game Capture application for your Windows computer.
- Now, connect your PS4 HDMI Out port to the HDMI In port on your capture card. Do this by using an HDMI cable.
- The Elgato HD60s contains a USB-C port. This port can carry video signals.
- Plug-in the USB-C cable into your capture card along with the USB-A port connected to your laptop. By doing this, your laptop will be able to supply power to your capture card and accept the video signals via the same cable.
- Ensure that you plug in the USB-A cable into your laptop’s USB 3.0 port.
- After connecting your laptop, PS4, and capture card, launch your Game Capture application.
- The above application will take some moments to initialize the capture card as well as start accepting video signals.
In most of the cases, your capture card will have no issue in recognizing the gaming device. If you have a problem with the capture card-accepting signals, try setting your gaming device manually.
- Below the capture card, click the Gear icon.
- Next, choose your gaming device as PS4.
The merits of the method described above is that you can make use of the keyboard as an input device. In case you forget to carry your PS4 controller with you, you can utilize the method explained above.