- Home »
- How To uninstall Antivirus Software?
How To Remove Antivirus Software From Laptop?
Antivirus software gives protection to the data on your system. Removing the antivirus software from your laptop makes it vulnerable to threats. But if the antivirus software interrupts other applications on your laptop, you can uninstall and reinstall a new antivirus software. Some common methods to know how to remove antivirus software from laptop are mentioned below.
- On your Windows laptop, click the Start menu at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type “control panel” in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- On the Windows Control Panel window, click the Programs & Features tab followed by Uninstall a program.
- Under Uninstall or change a program, select your antivirus program and click the Uninstall button.
- If you aren’t able to detect your antivirus program from the displayed list, enter the name of the antivirus program in the search box.
- The search box is available at the top-right corner of the Control Panel window.
- After entering the antivirus name in the search box, hit the Enter key.
- Now, select your antivirus program and click the Uninstall button.
- If prompted, confirm your action by clicking the Uninstall button again.
- Make sure to restart your laptop. Hopefully these steps will help you to know how to remove antivirus software from laptop.
- On your Windows laptop, go to the File Manager and locate the folder in which you have installed the antivirus software.
- Give a right-click on the antivirus software folder and select the Delete button.
- Open the Recycle Bin and remove the deleted antivirus file.
- Open the antivirus setup folder on your laptop.
- Give a double-click on the installer file and select the Uninstaller file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove your antivirus program with the help of the uninstaller.
- This method will show you how to remove the antivirus program with the help of a removal tool.
- Open the default browser and navigate to your antivirus software’s official site.
- Download the removal tool (if available) and wait until the download is completed.
- Close all the running programs and run the downloaded removal tool.
- Remove the antivirus software and its files with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- After removing your antivirus software, reboot your laptop. If you have further queries regarding how to remove antivirus software from laptop, click the call button.