How To Remove Battery from HP Elitebook 840 G3?
You have to remove the battery from your laptop only under these conditions:If your laptop does not work and you cannot turn it on anymore.Your battery would have come to the end of its life. So, you will need to remove and then replace it.
To remove battery from HP Elitebook 840 G3 laptop, carry out the instructions given as follows:
- Take hold of a sharp, pointing object.
- Find the rubber screw covers on your HP Elitebook 840 G3 laptop.
- Now, insert the sharp, pointing object down the side of the rubber screw covers. Take them out.
- Note: You will have to fix the rubber screw covers back in place after the battery removal followed by the replacement.
- Get a small Phillips head screwdriver. Remove the SD card cover bay.
- You will find a screw beneath that looks different from the others. Make a note of this screw.
- Begin removing all the screws starting in the SD card bay from the outside to the one in the middle.
- Lift the laptop case. If you have detached the screws properly, the case will just slide off.
- Find the two screws that hold down the battery. Prise these screws away.
- Next, pull the battery upwards and take it out.
- If necessary, replace the old battery with a new one.
- Tighten the screws and make them hold the new battery in place.
- Now, keep the laptop case back in its position. Tighten all the screws in the respective slots.
- Your laptop is now as good as new!