- Home »
- Remove Laptop Virus Using Cmd
How To Remove Laptop Virus Using Cmd?
The Command prompt is one of the oldest yet prominent tools in a Windows computer. You will be able to perform any administrative task given at hand with the help of certain commands. To execute any task, you have to enter a proper command in the Command prompt and to know how to remove laptop virus using cmd.
Computer viruses are undoubtedly the worst. You won’t know how the viruses enter your computer and corrupt your files. The viruses are keener on attacking the folders, external storage devices, and even the drives on your computer. There are some antivirus software to protect the devices from viruses, but you just cannot put your full trust on them even if they promise you a 100% error-free scan.
With the help of the Command prompt, you will be able to use a more traditional way of wiping off the viruses from your computer. The steps on how to use the Command prompt on your Windows computer to remove the virus are given below.
- Click the Start icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen to know how to remove laptop virus using cmd.
- In the search bar, type Command Prompt and press the Enter button.
- When you see the Command prompt option, right-click and select the Run as Administrator option.
- You will see the command C:\Users\(Admin name)
- Type a Drive letter like the one you see in This PC window. For example C:\ D:\ E:\
- Type D:\ and press the Enter button.
- Now, type attrib -s -h *.* /s /d and then press the Enter button.
- If you did not find any virus-infected file in the D: drive, you have to repeat the steps for other drives until Command Prompt detects a virus.
- Many virus-infected files will be seen in Command Prompt in the name of Autorun and end with .inf.
- If you find such files, you can remove the virus using the command del autorun.inf and press the Enter button.
- One more alternate method is to click My PC and open the drive.
- Locate the folder and permanently delete it from your computer (Shift + Delete) finally know how to remove laptop virus using cmd.