How to Remove Virus from HP Laptop Windows 10?
Your laptop might be slow and one of the major reasons for this slow performance could be viruses or malware. If an unauthorized program has been installed on your computer without your knowledge, then it is a symptom that viruses are present on your computer. However, there are ways to remove viruses from your laptop. Proceed with the guidelines given below to delete (OR) remove virus from HP laptop Windows 10.
Step 1: Enter into the Safe Mode
- Turn on your laptop and press the Start menu.
- Now, click the Power icon. By holding the Shift key on the keyboard, click the Restart option.
- In the next window, click Troubleshoot and select Advanced options.
- Select the Start-up Settings option and click on the Restart button.
- To enter into the Safe Mode with Networking, press the 5 or F5 key.
Step 2: Remove Temporary Files
- Press the Windows and R buttons together to open the Run window.
- Type temp and hit Enter.
- Now, select all the files and press the Delete key.
- Again, type %temp% in the Run dialog box and click on the OK button.
- Select all the files and hit the Delete key.
- Go to the Trash folder and empty bin.
- Press the Start menu and type Disk Cleanup in the Search section.
- Choose the drive and click the OK button.
Step 3: Turn On Firewall
- Firewalls can provide you basic protection against viruses and malware.
- You can use the built-in Windows Defender tool on your laptop.
- Open the Control Panel window and select Security and Maintenance.
- Click on the Turn on now button under Review recent messages and resolve problems.
- Now, your computer will be protected while surfing the internet.
Step 4: Update Windows
- Open Settings and select Update & Security.
- Click Check for Updates in the Windows Update section.
- If you find any update, select Install updates and restart your computer to remove virus from HP laptop Windows 10.