- Home »
- Remove Virus from Laptop
How to Remove Virus from Laptop without Antivirus?
You should be knowing that the word ‘Virus’ is referred to as a kind of malware, spyware, adware product but does not have a reproductive ability. A normal virus has the ability to multiply itself from one computer to another. These viruses have the ability to infect your full computer by infecting the folders and files with the help of an external device. Now, you have a vast amount of options to Remove Virus from Laptop without Antivirus.
There are plenty of antivirus software that are easily available for download. To protect your computer from viruses and other malware, you can use these software. If you do not want to use any third-party antivirus software available on the internet, you are left with only a few select options. One such option is to make use of the command prompt to delete the virus from the computer.
Command prompt is one of the oldest features that are available on Windows OS. You can perform any administrative task given at hand with the help Command prompt window. To execute a task, you will have to enter a proper command in the Command prompt. With the help of the Command prompt window, you will be able to use a more traditional way of erasing viruses from your computer.
We will now be describing you the steps to use the Command prompt on your Windows computer to get rid of the virus once and for all.
- Launch your Windows computer.
- Click the Windows (Start) icon located at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Go to the Start menu, type Command prompt in the search bar, and press the Enter button.
- When you see the Command prompt option, right-click and select the option Run as Administrator.
- The Command prompt will now open, and you will have administrative privileges to your computer.
- You will see the command C:\Users\(Admin name)
- Type a Drive letter like the one you see in This PC window. For example, C:\ D:\ E:\.
- Type D:\ and press the Enter button.
- Now, you will have to type attrib -s -h *.* /s /d. Then, press the Enter button.
- If you did not find the virus-infected file in the D: drive, you have to repeat the steps for other drives until the Command prompt detects a virus.
- Many virus-infected files will be seen in the Command prompt in the name of Autorun and end with .inf.
- If you find such files in the scanned drive, you can remove the virus using the command del autorun.inf.
- One alternate method is, click My PC and open the drive.
- Locate the folder and permanently delete it from your computer (Shift + Delete).
Now, if you follow the steps as described above, you can remove virus from Laptop without Antivirus.