- Home »
- Removing Virus From Laptop Without Antivirus
How To Remove Virus From Laptop Without Antivirus Software?
Having trust issues on third-party antivirus software is good. But having the antivirus software installed on your device will give protection from malware attacks and remove the virus-infected files quickly. Removing a virus from your laptop is also possible manually without any antivirus software. Refer to the steps mentioned below to determine the methods of how to remove virus from laptop without antivirus software.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut keys on your Windows laptop.
- In the Task Manager window, go to the Processes tab and check the running processes.
- After detecting the suspicious processes, select them one by one and click the End task button.
- Next, click the File tab and select the Run new task option.
- Enter “MSConfig” in the text field and click the OK button.
- In the new window, click the Service tab and remove all the suspicious services.
- After removing or disabling the suspicious services, click the Apply button.
- Click the OK button to finish the virus removal process using the Task Manager.
- To know how to remove virus from laptop without antivirus software using command prompt as follows.
- On your Windows laptop, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Enter “cmd” in the search panel and give a right-click on the Command Prompt app from the search result.
- Select Run as administrator from the pop-up menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter the drive letter that is infected by the virus.
- Type the “attrib -s -h -r /s /d *.*” command and press the Enter key.
- Type “dir” and press the Enter button.
- This command will load all the files on your desktop and reveals the virus-infected files.
- Identify the virus-infected files and remove them from the system.
- Go to the Windows Settings and click the Apps tab.
- Under Apps & features, locate the newly installed or unfamiliar apps (that contain the virus).
- After selecting the virus-infected programs/apps, click the Uninstall button. If you need a remote assistance about how to remove virus from laptop without antivirus Software, click the call button.