- Home »
- Remove Virus From A Laptop Without Antivirus
How To Remove Virus From A Laptop Without Antivirus?
If your laptop runs on the Windows operating system, there are high chances for viruses to enter into your laptop. If you don’t have an Antivirus software installed on your computer, you can follow the methods to know how to remove virus from a laptop without antivirus present on your computer.
Method 1: Removing a virus using Task Manager
- Press the Control + Shift + Escape buttons together to launch the Task Manager window.
- Click the Processes tab and check all the running programs in the displayed list.
- If you find any suspicious program to be running on your laptop, select the program and click End Task.
- Go to the File menu and select Run new task.
- Type ‘MSConfig’ and press the Enter key.
- Navigate to the Service tab and deselect the suspicious service. Then, click on the Apply button.
- Exit the Task Manager window by selecting OK and to know how to remove virus from a laptop without antivirus.
Method 2: Checking newly installed apps
- Open the Settings window and select the Apps section.
- If you find any apps that you haven’t installed, select the app and click on the Uninstall button.
Method 3: Removing viruses using Command Prompt
- Press the Windows and R buttons together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the Search section and hit Enter.
- Now the type the infected drive letter. If the C Drive is infected, then type C: and press Enter.
- Once the drive is detected, type attrib -s -h -r /s /d *.* and hit the Enter key.
- Now, type dir and press Enter.
- All the files present on the drive will be listed, including hidden ones.
- If there is any virus file, you can find the words like “autorun” and “.inf” in the file extension.
- If you find any suspicious files, type del <h;file_name> and press Enter to remove the virus from your computer.
- This will remove the viruses from your laptop without the help of an antivirus software after to know how to remove virus from a laptop without antivirus.