How To Reset a Dell Docking Station?
A docking station is similar to a port replicator that works with specific ports such as Dell E/Port, USB 3.0, USB Type-C, and Thunderbolt 3. It enables connecting the laptop to external devices such as speakers, mouse, keyboard, monitor, Ethernet, etc. If you wish to access the benefits of a computer without losing the portability of a laptop, connect to an external device using the docking station.If you encounter any problem with the Dell docking station, it is necessary to reset a Dell Docking Station to factory defaults.
Hard Reset a Dell Docking Station
Carry out these steps to perform a hard reset of the Dell docking station:
- First, disconnect the dock from the power supply as well as from the connected computer.
- Next, locate the Power button of the dock.
- Press the Power button and hold it for 45 seconds.
- Now, the docking station will be reset to the factory defaults.
- After resetting the docking station, plug the dock into the wall outlet using the power adapter and power it on by pressing the Power button.
- Connect it to the Dell computer and check if everything is reset to factory defaults.
Reset a Dell Docking Station WLD15
Carry out these steps to reset the Dell wireless docking station WLD15:
- You need to turn off the docking station first.
- Resetting the docking station will change the configured settings and other information to factory defaults.
- After turning off the docking station, locate the Reset button.
- Press the Reset button on the Dell wireless docking station and hold it for more than two seconds.
- Now, your docking station settings will be reset to the default parameters.
- Also, the firmware will be reset to the factory version.
- After reset a Dell Docking Station, power it on and confirm by checking the settings.
If you have difficulties in resetting the Dell docking station, click the Call button available on this screen to get remote assistance from our technical support team.