- Resetting Chromebook
How to Reset Chromebook?
If everything is working fine on your Chromebook, its response will be quick and you need not worry about the performance of your Chromebook. However, all of a sudden, you would come across a frustrating lag and you’ll have no idea how to get the laptop up and see what went wrong. To see and get the problems resolved, you will know how to reset Chromebook.
We will now be describing the steps to reset the Chromebook in simple steps.
- Log out of your Chromebook device if you are signed in.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R.
- You will see a list open and this is where you have to select the Restart option.
- Next, you will see a box open, where you must select Powerwash and then click the Continue option.
- Now, you have to follow the on-screen instructions and then you have to sign in to your Google account.
(Note: The account you are using to sign in with will be the Chromebook admin)
- Once you have reset the Chromebook, you can simply follow the on-screen instructions and set up the Chromebook laptop.
- You will not have the problems whatever you were facing, once the reset is done. You know how to reset Chromebook form this page.
Another option to reset the Chromebook device to clear the hardware issues is to perform the Hard Reset. But, make sure you perform the hard reset only after performing all the possible solutions. Doing a hard reset will fix the issues in Chromebook’s keyboard, touchpad, and other hardware parts. Along with this, it would also delete the files in the Downloads folder. To avoid data loss, back up the files in the Downloads folder before resetting Chromebook. Now, let’s look at the steps to perform the hard reset.
- Turn off the Chromebook.
- Now, press the Refresh button on the Chromebook. Hold the Refresh button, press the Power button.
- Once the Chromebook boots, release the Refresh button.
- Now, the Chromebook will be reset.
- Few models of Chromebook have a reset pinhole at the bottom. If your Chromebook also has the reset pinhole, then pressing it will reset the device.
- Finally, know how to reset Chromebook.