How to Reset Dell Laptop?
Carry out these steps to reset Dell Laptop:
- You need to turn on the Dell laptop first.
- Enter your password to log in to your account.
- Keep pressing the Power button until the Power LED glows.
- Tap the F8 key several times until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
- Alternatively, you can open the Advanced Boot Options menu by pressing the Power button and holding down the F8 key without logging in to your laptop.
- In the Recovery window, click the See advanced repair options button.
- Under Choose an option, click the Troubleshoot option.
- Under Troubleshoot, click the Rest this PC or Reset your PC option followed by Next.
- Select the Fully clean the drive option to perform the factory reset on your Dell laptop.
- In some other Dell laptops, it will ask you to choose either Keep my file or Remove everything option.
- In such cases, choose the Keep my files option to perform a soft reset.
- Select the Remove everything option to perform a hard reset.
- Changing your Dell laptop to default settings will take much time.
- So, wait until the factory reset gets completed.
- Make sure not to power off or close the Dell laptop while performing a hard reset.
- If you have difficulties in Reset Dell Laptop, contact our technical support team by clicking the Call button available on this screen.