How to Run Dell Recovery on Laptop?
Dell Recovery is a utility tool that helps you to prevent your Dell laptop software from a failure or refresh your OS to the original format. To run Dell recovery on laptop, first, download and install the recovery software on your computer, and then perform the restore process.
Note: For the Windows Device: Use the Dell Backup and Recovery tool.
For the Linux Device: use the Dell Linux Recovery Image tool.
Dell Backup & Recovery Tool
Download and install the Dell Backup and Recovery tool on a Windows laptop:
- Visit the official site of Dell.
- Search and select the Dell Backup and Recovery tool.
- Click the Download button.
- After downloading the Dell recovery tool, begin the installation process by following the instructions given below.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file.
- Double-click on the Dell Direct Key or setup.exe file.
- Now, the Dell Recovery & Restore installation window will open.
- Click the Next button followed by Install.
- Wait till the Dell Recovery tool gets installed on your computer.
- Once the installation process is done successfully, a window displaying the Installation Completed message will open.
- Click the Finish button.
Run Dell Recovery on the laptop
- Make sure that you have signed into your Windows laptop as an administrator.
- Now, click the Start menu followed by All Programs.
- Double-click on the Dell Backup and Recovery tool to open it.
- On the Recovery screen, click the Restore System button.
- Now, the Restore System window will open.
- From the drop-down menu, select the backup file you wish to restore.
- Click the Next button.
- Now, a confirmation window will open. Confirm the process by clicking the checkbox beside the caution message.
- Click the Start button.
- Wait for the on-going process to complete.
- After completion of the process, a success message will appear on the screen, click the Finish button.
- If you need remote assistance in running the Dell recovery on laptop, contact us.