- Screen Video Record On Chromebook
How to Screen Record on Chromebook?
You can use any screen recording extensions like Screencastify – Screen Video Recorder or Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder on your Chromebook laptop for recordings.
To know how to screen record on Chromebook using Screencastify – Screen Video Recorder, refer to the step-by-step instructions given on this page.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your Chromebook laptop.
- Navigate to the More or three-dot icon and click it.
- Choose the More tools option followed by the Extensions option.
- Tap the Menu or hamburger icon at the top-left corner of the Google Chrome web browser.
- Click the Open Chrome Step 4 Web Store option in the left panel.
- Type Screencastify in the Search the store field and press the Enter key.
- Now, you will see the search results on the screen.
- Click the Add to Chrome button next to the ‘Screencastify – Screen Video Recorder’ extension.
- Select the Add extension option in the dialog box.
- Click the Screencastify icon at the upper-right end of the Google Chrome web browser.
- Click the Sign in with Google button.
- Select the checkbox next to the options that appear on the screen and click Next.
- If a dialog box prompts, select the Allow option.
- Now, you will see the ‘You’re ready to start recording with Screencastify’ message on the screen.
- Click the Screencastify icon again and select the Record option.
- A pop-up window will open. Select Your Entire Screen or Application Window and then click the Share button.
- Once you are done with recording the screen, click the Pause icon followed by the Stop icon.
- Give a name for your video in the appropriate field.
- To trim the recorded video, click the scissors icon or Open in Editor option.
- Exit the video editing window.
- The Screencastify recorder will process the video and save it in Google Drive.
- You can also move the Screencastify subfolder to a different folder.
- Now we have seen how to screen record on Chromebook.