- Screenshot on Chromebook
How to Screenshot on a Chromebook Laptop?
Chromebook is not similar to Windows or Mac. There are several functions that vary on theses systems. Let’s see how to take a screenshot on a Chromebook. Some of the reasons for taking a screenshot are for sending an error message screenshot to support services, showing a friend how your game screen or background wallpaper looks, or saving something that will get deleted in a few minutes.
It can be a little confusing to screenshot on a Chromebook laptop of you have been using other platforms like Windows or Mac for a long time. The keyboard on a Chromebook is somewhat different from that of Windows and Mac. Refer to the simple instructions given on our web page to know how to screenshot on a Chromebook laptop.
Method 1 – Screenshot of the Entire Screen
- Press the Ctrl and Show Windows keys at the same time on the Chromebook’s laptop keyboard.
- The Show Windows key is on the top row of the keyboard and it looks like a rectangle with two lines on its right side.
- Note: This Show Windows key on the Chromebook laptop is equivalent to the F5 key on a computer keyboard.
Method 2 – Screenshot of a Portion of the Screen
- Press the Shift, Ctrl, and Show Windows together on the keyboard.
- Highlight the portion that you want to take a screenshot by clicking the crosshair icon followed by dragging it.
- Once done, a copy of the screenshot will appear in a pop-out window.
Screenshot Saved Location
- Mostly, all the screenshots will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- To access the screenshot, go to Launcher and click the Files option under the search bar.
- This will open the File Manager window on the screen.
- Click the My Files tab followed by the Downloads tab in the left panel.
- You will see all the screenshots on the main screen.
Now we have seen how to screenshot on a Chromebook laptop.