How To Screenshot On Hp Chromebook Laptop?
Screenshot, screen capture, or screengrab is a feature that helps you to save the current content displayed on your computer or mobile device as an image file. While downloading an image from a particular website is not possible, you can prefer this option. You can use this feature in different ways. This page explains how to Screenshot on HP Chromebook laptop.
Like any other laptop, HP Chromebook will also allow you to take screenshots. You can either use the buttons or tools like Snipping Tool to take screenshots on HP Chromebook laptop. Scroll down this page to know all the possible methods in detail.
Method 1: Using buttons
- First, locate the Ctrl and Show windows buttons on your laptop’s keyboard.
- Next, press both the buttons at the same time.
- Now, your laptop’s current window will be captured. To check it, open the Files app. You may also receive a notification slide at the bottom of the screen.
- If you want to capture a screenshot of a specific part of the screen, then press the Ctrl, Shift, and Show Windows buttons at the same time.
- Select the portion you want using the mouse/cursor. Once the portion has been selected, you’ll get a notification to save it. Choose the desired location to save the screenshot.
- In case if you’re using an external keyboard with your laptop, then use the Ctrl + F5 and Ctrl + Shift + F5 buttons to take the screenshot.
Chromebook in tablet mode
When your Chromebook laptop is in tablet mode, the keyboard will be inactive. But, still, you can take a screenshot easily.
Locate the Power and Volume buttons on your laptop’s keyboard. Press both the buttons at the same time.
Now, your laptop’s entire screen will be captured successfully see how to screenshot on HP Chromebook laptop.
Method 2: Using Chrome extensions
If using the buttons seems to be difficult, then use the built-in Chrome extensions to take a screenshot. If you want more options, then install third-party Chrome extensions like Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder, Scrn.li, and FireShot.
Method 3: Using the Snipping Tool
By default, the Chromebook laptops have the Snipping Tool installed. To use this tool, follow the below instructions.
- In the search field, type the Snipping or Screen keyword.
- Now, a list of suggestions based on the entered keyword will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the relevant one to open the Snipping Tool. Once the tool has been opened, click the New option.
- Now, you can select the entire screen or a portion of the screen. The selected portion will be captured, and to save it, press the Ctrl + S buttons on your keyboard.
That’s it! The screen has been captured successfully see how to screenshot on HP Chromebook laptop.