- Home »
- Speed Up Games On Laptop Windows 10
How To Speed Up Games On Laptop Windows 10
If you wish how to speed up games on Laptop Windows 10, follow the below-mentioned methods.
- On your Windows laptop, press the Windows + I shortcut key and type game mode.
- Click the Control Game Mode for optimizing your PC for games option.
- On the Gaming screen, select the Game mode option from the left side panel and toggle on the Game mode button.
- If your laptop supports game mode, Windows Update will be stopped, and your laptop works under optimization level.
- On your Windows laptop, press the Windows + R shortcut key to open the Run panel.
- Type “Regedit” in the text box and press the Enter key to open the Windows Registry Entry.
- Type“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip \Parameters\Interfaces” in the address bar.
- Match your IP address with the DhcpIPAddress listed in the folder.
- You can identify your IP address using the Command Prompt on your Windows laptop.
- Press the Windows + R shortcut keys and type “cmd” in the text box.
- Type the command “ipconfig” in the Command Prompt window to view the IP address.
- Alternatively, press the Windows + X shortcut keys to open Windows PowerShell.
- Enter “ipconfig” and identify the IP address under the current connection section.
- Now, select the folder from the file list that holds your IP address.
- Give a double-click on the folder and select New –> DWORD(32-bit) Value.
- Create the DWORD Values for the two names, TcpAckFrequency and TCPNoDelay.
- Give a double-click on each and set the parameter to 1.
- This disables Nagle’s Algorithm, which in turn speeds up your laptop.
- On your Windows laptop, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager window.
- Click the More Details button and select the Startup tab.
- Disable the unnecessary programs running on your laptop by selecting them and clicking the Disable button at the bottom-right corner.
- Press the Windows + I shortcut keys and type “Power” in the text box.
- Select Power and sleep settings –> Additional power settings.
- On the Power Settings screen, select the High-performance option or click the Change plan settings option and configure your desired power plan settings.
- Install the latest version of the DirectX 12 API tool to optimize your Windows laptop for gaming.
- You can check if you have installed the tool by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys and typing “dxdiag” in the Run panel.
- Now, the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will appear on the screen.
- If you do not have the DirectX 12 tool, you can update your Windows.
- To do so, press the Windows + I shortcut keys and select Updates and Security –> Windows Update –> Check for updates.