- Boost Windows 10 Laptop
How To Speed Up Windows 10 Laptop?
Though the Windows 10 operating system is faster compared to its predecessors, there is always a slight chance for its performance to slow down. There are a lot of reasons as to why a Windows 10 laptop or computer slows down. Some reasons that might lead to the slowing down of the Windows 10 laptop are:
- Windows 10 installation is incomplete
- Windows update
- Display problems
- Power supply problems
There are a few methods that could quickly speed up Windows 10 laptop and bring it back to its original state.
Method 1: Update Windows
- Click the Windows icon and then click the Gear icon on the left pane.
- The Settings window will open. Select the Update & Security option and click the Check for Updates button.
- Once the update is done, you can go ahead and reboot the laptop.
Method 2: Update Driver
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run command and press the Enter button.
- The Device Manager window will now open.
- Locate and expand the Disk Drive option from the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the outdated drive and select the Update Driver option.
Method 3: Run Chkdsk
- Click the Windows icon and type Command prompt in the search bar.
- Right-click on Command Prompt from the suggestion and select the Run as Administrator option.
- When the Command Prompt opens, type the command chkdsk /r and press the Enter button.
- The chkdsk command will scan the system and fix the speed up Windows 10 laptop errors.
- Reboot your computer and you could notice the laptop being sped up.
Method 4: Run Sfc
- The System File check will scan all corrupted files and replace them to match the requirements of the OS.
- Press the shortcut keys Windows + R to open the Run command, type cmd in the field, and press the Enter button.
- In the Command prompt window, enter the sfc /scannow command and press the Enter button.
- Wait for a minute until the scan is complete and restart the laptop.
Method 5: Antivirus Scan
- Open the Antivirus application installed on your Windows 10 laptop.
- Perform a full scan on to know the corrupted files that might be causing the issue.
- Once the scan is finished, you will know the source of the speed up Windows 10 laptop issue and it can be resolved.
Method 6: Disable Background Apps
- You can always disable apps that you are not using for a long time. Background apps always tend to slow down the performance of your device.
- Open the Settings window on your laptop.
- Locate and click the Privacy option and then select Background apps.
- Click the toggle switch to disable the Background apps option.
Method 7: Uninstall Apps
- With the vast number of applications stored in your device, you’ll definitely experience slowness.
- In the Settings window, click the System option and then click the option Apps & Features.
- Select the apps you don’t use and simply right-click on them. Now, select the Uninstall option from the list.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- You also have the option of uninstalling the program from the Control Panel window.
Method 8: Check For Malware
- Click the Windows icon.
- Type Windows Security in the search bar and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Security page will open.
- Click the Virus & threat protection option on the left pane.
- In the main window, select the Scan options, choose the required option, and then click the Scan button.
- Once it is complete, reboot the laptop and check it the speed has been increased.
- Now, the speed up Windows 10 laptop process completed.