- Update Antivirus Software In Laptop
How To Update Antivirus Software In Laptop?
Just installing an Antivirus software on your laptop is not adequate. You have to keep updating it periodically. You should keep the software’s virus definitions up-to-date. Continue reading to ensure that the Antivirus program on your laptop has the latest information about viruses that might attack your laptop or the simple method follow our steps to know how to update antivirus software in laptop.
Updating via your Antivirus software:
Most of the new Antivirus programs allow users to update them from the software itself (auto-update). You have to open the Antivirus software and then look for Update, Check for updates, Live Update, or any other similar option.
Consider the following examples to see how to update antivirus software in laptop:
Windows laptop users who are running the most recent versions of McAfee can make use of the following instructions to update the software:
- On your Windows laptop, go to the System Tray or the notification area.
- Here, you will find the Vshield icon.
- Now, double-click the Vshield icon.
- To check for any available updates, click the Check for VirusScan update option after to know how to update antivirus software in laptop.
Windows users who are running the most recent versions of Symantec (Norton) can make use of the following instructions to update the software:
- On your Windows laptop, go to the System Tray.
- Here, you will find the program icon.
- Now, double-click the program icon.
- To check for available updates, click the Live Update option.
Updating via your Antivirus webpage:
- Some of the Antivirus software will not have an update utility. In such cases, you cannot perform the update from the software.
- There is another way to update your Antivirus program, and that is through its webpage.
- From the developer’s webpage, you can directly download new virus definitions.
- Some developers will require more information. They might ask you to give them the version of the Antivirus software that you are currently running on your laptop.
- To get the latest updates, you should know what version of Antivirus software you are currently using.
- We have now seen the various methods and how to update antivirus software in laptop.