How to Update Lenovo Docking Station Firmware?
The Lenovo docking station needs the firmware for functioning, and you have to update the firmware version for error-less performance. The firmware supports the Windows system 7, 8, 8.1, Vista, and XP. Follow the below steps to update Lenovo docking station firmware.
- Open the default web browser on the computer & visit the official Lenovo Support website.
- Navigate to the Support section, select the Data Center menu.
- Once the Data Center page opens up, click the Servers menu, then below Series, and choose the appropriate server hardware series.
- Next, select the server product subseries in the Select SubSeries section.
- Following that, select the machine type and click the download link to download the firmware for the docking station.
Steps: Update Lenovo Docking Station Firmware
- After you connect the computer to the docking station, close all the running programs on the system.
- Open the Lenovo docking station web interface in the browser window.
- From the left navigation pane, click the Firmware Update menu, after which the Firmware update page appears on the right panel.
- Click the Update Firmware button at the upper-right corner of the System Firmware, Adapter Firmware, and PSU Firmware sections.
- Once you click the Update Firmware button, the firmware selection window appears, browse the firmware on the system and select it.
- Following that, choose the docking station name for which you want to update the firmware and click the Next button to complete the verification and start the update.
- Wait till the firmware update completes, then select the Finish button.
- In case the software prompts for the system power restart, click OK to confirm the restart.
- Next, when the system turns on, shut it down. Now, remove it from the docking station.
- After a few seconds, reconnect it, power on the system, and check the firmware version.
- Now, the update Lenovo docking station firmware process completed successfully.