- Upgrade Windows 7 Service Pack 1 To Windows 10
How To Upgrade Windows 7 Service Pack 1 To Windows 10
Microsoft has stopped the support for the Windows 7 OS and so you have to upgrade your OS to Windows 10 if you wish to keep your device up-to-date. Before you upgrade Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to Windows 10, prepare your system as per the following instructions.
Preparing your system
- Make sure you have access to the internet on your computer.
- Back up all your system data.
- Select the System option from the Start menu. Click the Windows Update button.
- Windows will check for an update. If it is available, install it.
- If necessary, restart the computer.
You can perform one of these methods to upgrade Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to Windows 10.
Method 1 – Through Windows Update
- Open the System screen on your computer.
- Check if the current OS version is under Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade plan.
- Navigate to the Windows Update section.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Select the Accept option in the Windows Update window.
- Note: If you select the Decline option, you cannot proceed further in the upgrading process.
- Click the Start the upgrade now button.
- You can even schedule the upgrade by clicking the Schedule your upgrade button.
- Now, the upgrade process begins.
- You will see the Installing Windows message on the screen.
- Once done, restart the computer.
- Depending on your account type, the Sign-in screen will open.
- Select the Use Express settings option.
- Note: If you want to customize the settings, select the Custom settings option.
- To use the Windows default applications, click the Next button.
- Continue with the instructions to complete the setup.
Method 2 – From Online USB media creation or ISO download
- Insert the Windows 10 installation media.
- Click the setup.exe file.
- You will see the Preparing dialog box on the screen.
- When the Get important updates window opens, deselect the I want to help make the installation of Windows better option.
- Select the Not right now radio button and click Next.
- If prompted for the license key, enter it and click Next.
- Select the I accept the license terms checkbox.
- Click Accept in the License terms window.
- Select Keep personal files, apps, and Windows settings, Keep personal files only, or Nothing and click Next.
- Select the Install option in the Ready to install window.
- Wait until the installation finishes.
- Once done, the computer restarts automatically.
- Proceed with the prompts to finish the setup.
- Now, Windows 7 will be upgraded to Windows 10.