- Mobile Hotspot in Win 10
How Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Works?
If you don’t have any Wi-Fi near you, but you want to connect your wireless device to the internet, then you can turn on the mobile hotspot of your Windows 10 computer that is connected to the internet. The Windows 10 system allows up to eight devices to connect to the hotspot at the same time. Read more on how Windows 10 mobile hotspot works.
Method 1: Use Settings Window
- Click the Start icon on the desktop and then select the Settings icon to open the Settings window.
- Select Network & Internet and click the Mobile hotspot menu from the left side panel.
- Next, click the slider below Mobile hotspot and set the source which is sharing the internet from the drop-down menu below Share my Internet connection from.
- Below that, you can find the Network name and Network password fields. In case you want to change these, click the Edit button.
- Add a new network name and password and save the settings.
Method 2: Use Taskbar
- In this method, you cannot see the network name and password directly.
- You have to open the Settings window and go to the Mobile hotspot section to find the network credentials.
- At the right end of the taskbar, you can find the network icon. Click it and a network pop-up panel will open.
- Below Network & Internet settings, you can find three tiles. Select the Mobile hotspot tile.
Win 10 Mobile Hotspot Troubleshooting
- Make sure the Windows 10 computer is connected to a stable internet connection.
- If you face further issues in enabling the Windows 10 mobile hotspot, then you contact our technical support.