- HP Chromebook Laptop Keys
How To Fix HP Chromebook Laptop Keys Not Working Issue?
To fix the keyboard problem with any make and model of Chromebook, proceed with the steps given below to fix HP Chromebook laptop keys not working issue.
Some Chromebook clients have faced this kind of issue. They couldn’t type with the keyboard or provide any command with it. How about we start with the simple fix for this HP Chromebook laptop keys not working issue.
- First, restart your Chromebook.
- Now, try typing something to check if the issue has been resolved.
- If the keyboard doesn’t work, power off your Chromebook and wait for 2 minutes before you turn it on again.
- Remove every drive and device connected to your Chromebook.
- Restart your Chromebook. Check if the keys can work.
Checking the keys
- If theissue persists, check the keys. If they are broken, remove them using nails and using a screwdriver, fix the keys.
- Check the keyboard driver. If it is not compatible, install the compatible one. To do so, proceed with the steps given below.
- First, go to the PC manager on your Chromebook and then find the driver under Keyboard.
- Click the Update Driver option to update the existing driver.
- To remove the driver, simply click the Uninstall button. Once the driver is removed, reinstall the compatible, updated keyboard driver.
- Restart the computer and check if the issue has been resolved.
Check the cables connecting the keyboard to the Motherboard
- Open up the keyboard and look for the cables folded into a bracket.
- Now, get an eraser and wipe the LVDS cable using it.
- Reinsert the keyboard and check if the HP Chromebook laptop keys not working issue is resolved.