- HP Chromebook Laptop
Issue: HP Chromebook Laptop Won’t Turn On
The laptop not turning on issue may happen due to various reasons. It may be frustrating when your Chromebook doesn’t turn on when you need it urgently. Some of the few steps indicated below will help you to turn on the Chromebook and fix the HP Chromebook laptop won’t turn on issue. First, check the power outlet and make sure there are no issues.
Step 1: Initial recovering process
- Try connecting the HP Chromebook to another power outlet.
- Verify whether there any issues with the power cable. Replace the power cable if it is defective.
- Charge the laptop for at least 30 minutes and check whether it is working.
- Once the Chromebook laptop is charged, tap the Power button.
- Remove any external devices like USB drives or hard drives connected to the laptop.
- Once the Chromebook laptop ready, you can connect the external devices. Now, check that your HP Chromebook laptop won’t turn on issue is fixed or not.
Step 2: Hard Reset
- If the laptop still doesn’t turn on, perform a hard reset.
- A hard reset will clear all the memory on your laptop.
- Press the Power button followed by the Refresh button. Hold both the buttons for a few seconds.
- Now, the laptop will turn off and turn on again.
- If it doesn’t turn on, press the Power button on the Chromebook laptop to start it.
Step 3: System Recovery
- If the issue persists, you can perform a system recovery to fix the problem.
- The system recovery will completely remove all the local files and settings on your laptop,
- All the settings on the laptop will be turned back to the factory defaults.
- Press the Esc key and tap the Refresh button. Touch the Power button. Now, release the other keys to perform the system recovery.
- To perform a factory reset, you can press the Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r buttons together and select the Restart option when the laptop turns on.
- Now, the HP Chromebook laptop won’t turn on issue is solved.