Complete Guide for HP Elitebook 8470p Setup
HP Elitebook 8470P Specifications
HP Elitebook 8470p laptop is a high-performance 14-inch laptop which comes inbuilt with 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB hard disk storage. At this price band, HP Elitebook 8470p Setup specs are the best and most advanced. The Intel Core i5-3210M processor and the Li-ion 6-cell battery provide it enough power and long lasting life for all our needs. Look below for its specs.
- Intel Core i5-3210M processor
- 6-cell Lithium-ion battery
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit edition
- 500GB HDD storage
Tech – Specifications
It is powered by 4GB RAM of DDR3 PC3-12800 SDRAM type with a speed of 1600 Mhz.
It runs with Intel Core i5-3210M 3rd Gen processor which has a clock speed of 2.6 GHZ.
It has a long-lasting Lithium-ion battery having 6 cells that hold good for regular usage.
A 14-inch LED display with 1366*768 HD resolution and anti-glare technology makes them a class apart.
Laptop Driver Download Support
In order to use your laptop effectively, and for the hardware components to interact with the Operating System flawlessly, the drivers are the essential components. Since the HP Elitebook 8470p Setup laptop runs on 64-bit Windows 7 Professional OS, it is necessary that you install the drivers that are supported on this particular OS. Click on the Driver link below which takes you to the HP Elitebook 8470p driver download page. Download the drivers and install them on your device.Driver
Click on the link provided below to download the user manual for your HP Elitebook 8470p laptop. It contains clear-cut and step by step instructions for setting up your laptop, starting from how to unbox it and connect it to the power supply, to some of the basic troubleshooting which you can do by yourself. It also has pictorial representations for your easy understanding. Read it carefully and follow the instructions.
HP Elitebook 8470P Laptop Top Issues
Keyboard Shortcuts, Hotkeys, and Special Keys (Windows)
There are several default shortcut keys which you can use in your HP Elitebook 8470p Setup laptop as it is running on Windows 7 Professional OS. Eg: Win+E keys to open File Explorer, Win+Ctrl+F keys to find computers in a local network, etc. If you want to change the behavior of your keyboard keys, you will need an additional software for your Windows device which can be downloaded from the internet. But you need to create a System Restore point in case you need to reset the keys to default.
Keyboard and TouchPad or ClickPad Troubleshooting
In most cases, smallspcwhen keyboard and touchpad are not working, they can be easily troubleshot by doing a hard reset. Turn off your laptop, disconnect the power supply and all other externally connected peripheral. Now remove the laptop battery by opening the battery compartment door. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. Now insert the battery, connect the power supply, turn on and run the Windows normally. Now update all the device drivers on your laptop to prevent any further HP Elitebook 8470p Setup issues.
Other Related Laptop Models
Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)
- The Device Manager can be accessed by typing and searching it in the search box in the Start menu. It contains information of all the devices and their drivers.
- To view any error code related to any device driver, go to the Device Manager and double-click on the device. It will display all its driver below it.
- Right-click on the desired driver and click on Properties to view its details and error codes, if any.You can also use the Device Manager to update or roll-back a driver to its latest or previous versions respectively.
Cleaning your Notebook PC
- Turn off your HP Elitebook 8470p Setup laptop and unplug it from the power source before you proceed with the cleaning process. The laptop has some cooling vents through which the heat generated inside the laptop gets ejected outside.
- Use compressed air to blow the dust particles out of the vents. Also, use compressed air to clean the dust particles that can be found in the input or output ports on your laptop.
- Clean the LED display using a non-abrasive cloth and wipe gently. You can also use a soft moist cloth to wipe off dirt on the screen. Gently stroke across the display in one direction, moving from top to bottom.
Testing for Hardware Failures
The hardware failures on your device can be tested by accessing the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows app by searching for it in the Start menu. If it is not available, you can download it from HP website for HP Elitebook 8470p Setup process. Run either the fast or extensive test. If any component fails, it will display a 24-digit failure ID. Use it to get your issue resolved by HP Customer Support.
Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive
Click on Start > All Programs > Recovery Manager. Recovery disk Creation (discs only can be used) or Recovery Media Creation (either disc or USB flash drive can be used) will be displayed. Disable Windows User Account control temporarily for best results. Click on Recovery Media creation and choose whether you want to use a disc or USB flash drive. Now you can simply follow the onscreen prompts to complete the recovery media creation process. You can create only one recovery media due to license restrictions.
Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS
The default boot order for HP Notebook PCs is Floppy disk drive, Optical drive, Hard drive, USB drive and Network adapter. If you wish to change this order, then go to the HP Elitebook 8470p Setup BIOS Settings menu by pressing the F10 key on startup when the blank screen is displayed. In the Advanced tab, select the Boot Order. Now change the boot order by following the onscreen instructions.
Laptop Shutdown does Not Work
Check if your laptop is affected by any viruses, malware or spyware. Make use of antivirus software to scan your device to detect the viruses. See if there are any new updates for your Windows using the Windows Update feature. Also, update the drivers on your device using the Device Manager. You can also use the System Configuration window to determine which software is stopping your HP Elitebook 8470p Setup laptop from shutting down. Also, ensure that your BIOS is upgraded to the latest version for your device.
Creating and Using a Microsoft Recovery USB Drive
Insert a USB drive into your device, type ‘recovery drive’ in the search box and click on Create a Recovery Drive. Check the ‘Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive’ box, but it is optional. Click Next and Finish to create the Recovery USB Drive. To use it, turn off the computer, insert the USB drive, select the USB drive, select the keyboard language and click on Troubleshoot. Click on one of the options displayed to complete the selected operation.
Computer Might Be Infected by a Virus or Malware (Windows 10, 8)
- If you feel that your computer might be infected by a virus or malware, then you make sure you update your Windows to the latest Windows updates. These updates increase the security aspects of your computer which keeps them safe from viruses or malware.
- Your HP laptop mostly comes with an inbuilt trial version of antivirus software. Check whether HP Elitebook 8470p Setup is done iwth this software setup and running properly to make sure your device is safe from virus or malware attacks.
- Even though devices running on Windows 7 or higher OS comes with Windows Defender, and some devices may contain trial versions of antivirus software, they are only for limited purposes. Hence download an antivirus software or Microsoft Security Essentials to keep your device safe.
- Keep updating your antivirus software to the latest versions as there are new viruses created every now and then. Also, scan your device regularly using the Windows Defender to detect any viruses that might have infected your device.
Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)
Ensure that you have the latest version of the HP Support Assistant software. Download it from the HP website. To access it, type and search for HP Support Assistant in the search box and open it. It guides you through various features of the software and lets you log in or create an HP Passport Profile. You can find the Settings button at the top of the HP Support Assistant windows. Click on it to open the settings menu where you can change the settings if you wish to.
Backing Up Your Files (Windows 10, 8)
First, you have to connect an external drive to your computer to perform HP Elitebook 8470p Setup process. On Windows 10, search for and open Backup Settings and turn on the Automatically back up my files option. Go to More Options, click on Backup Now and edit your preferences. On Windows 8, search for and open Save backup copies and turn on the File History. Click on Run now to backup immediately. Go to Advanced Settings to edit your further preferences.