HP Envy 17 M7 17.3 Laptop Setup And Configuration
HP Envy 17 M7 17.3 Specs
The HP Envy m7 is a stylish laptop with powerful hardware that offers multitasking performance with high quality output. This laptop offers a wide variety of features for gamers, large content-creation, moviemakers and photographers. The Intel processor with a speed of 2.5-3.5GHz and the 16GB RAM lets you to work effortlessly on multiple process. The touch screen option is user-friendly. The audio system, webcam, NVIDIA graphics and the DVD drive makes the laptop- a multifunctional system. The specifications are :
- Intel core i7 7500u
- 3-Cell Lithium battery
- Windows 10 Operating System
- 1TB HDD
Tech – Specifications
The HP Envy m7 comes with a 16GB RAM that makes the laptop efficient and easy to use.
The Intel core i7 7500u processor offers Dual core with 2.5GHz to 3.5GHz processor speed.
The 3-cell Lithium battery helps to work continuosly for upto 4 hours.
17.3” FHD display (1920 * 1080) with UWVA WLED-backlit touchscreen Edge-to- Edge glass.
Driver Configuration Support
The HP Envy m7 comes with the Windows 10 Operating System. Download the driver software file from our website. Install and run the downloaded software. Finish the setup. Go to the Device Manager and verify whether the drivers are installed properly. The utility software automatically configures and installs all the outdated drivers. You are welcome to call our support team, in case of any doubts.
HP Envy 17 M7 17.3″ Laptop Top issues
Touch screen responds inaccurately
The Envy m7 laptop faces touch screen issues due to hardware and software problems. To resolve this, choose the version of your Operating system, download and update the driver software for the touch screen or open troubleshooting and follow the on-screen instructions. If the update or troubleshooting does not resolve the issue, then the hardware needs to be repaired. The hardware problems may be due to physical damage of the laptops, cut in wires or loose connectivity. Refer to our manual for further instructions.
Touch screen function changed after upgrading to Windows 10
Many users complain about the touch screen malfunctioning after upgrading to Windows 10. Windows 10 is unique and the device drivers are different from the other Operating system. To resolve this issue : Open the Device Manager. Click the ‘Display Adapter’ option. Right click on the video driver/display driver and select the ‘Update Driver Software’ option. If the problem still exists, open the hardware device troubleshooter and run the troubleshooting option.
Other related laptop models
Screen does not respond to touch, or responds intermittently
Restore the functionality of the software by performing a hard reset on the laptop. This method clears the memory and reestablishes the software connections between the BIOS and the hardware. Enable/Update/Reinstall the touchscreen driver in Device Manager. Configure the touch display by performing calibration. If the problem continues, perform a touchscreen component test with our hardware diagnostics tool.
HP Envy m7 display problem
The users face display issues like blank screen, corners turn into dimmed colour or irregular screen alignment. To resolve this issues, adjust the resolution or update the graphic driver software of the laptop. Make sure the laptop is not phsically damaged. Update the BIOS setup and restart the computer. Perform troubleshooting. If the issues still show up, perform Liquid Crystal Display(LCD) diagnostics.
How To Fix Envy m7 Touchscreen Going Dark/Blank After Login
Establish a connection between the laptop and an external monitor with a VGA or HDMI cable. Connect the power source to the laptop and extrenal monitor. Turn the power on. If the screen displays on the monitor but not on the laptop, update the graphics driver, the CPU chipset and the BIOS with the latest version. If the screen does not show up on both and the laptop does not start properly, this indicates a startup problem.
Graphics Not work after windows 10 Update
Uninstall & Reinstall : Open the System submenu and click the ‘Apps and Features’ option. Find graphics card drivers and delete all the files and software related to the graphics card. Right click the graphics card option and select Uninstall. Go to our support site and download the latest driver for the graphics card. While downloading, use the ‘Auto Detect’ feature so automatically provide you the latest and accurate driver. Install the driver software. Reboot the system and the graphics card works correctly.
HP 17t M7 Laptop Might Be Infected by a Virus or Malware
- Identify the virus infected system : Slow performance of the system, irregular patterns in the processor, does not accept any peripheral devices, the drive – in which the OS is installed will be empty, multiple ads/pop-ups showing up, outdated antivirus and Windows Defender.
- The virus infected systems are more prone to data loss, browser redirections, auto-destruction of the software, corrupt files, misleading work environment, miscellaneous files and appearance of unusual/unwanted icons.
- Repair the system : Install/Update the antivirus software with a licensed version. Change the Operating system by installing a new one. Perform troubleshooting. If the system does not support any internet connection, boot the system into the safe mode.
- Enable Boot Logging and disable the ‘automatic restore’ option on system failure. Update Windows Defender and Firewall. Clear the cache memory. Run frequent check-ups on the system after the malware is removed.
Wireless connection was not working
Download and update the wireless network drivers from our website. Use the Windows Device Manager to reinstall the driver. Open the Support Assistant. Select your laptop model and click the ‘Internet and Security’ option in the ‘My Device’ submenu. Run the network diagnostic on the Network Check screen. If the problem persist, perform troubleshooting.
Fix Network Connection Issues in Windows 10
Update the wireless driver through Device Manager : Open the Device Manager. Double-click on the ‘Network adapters’. Select the wireless adapter from the list of adpaters option. Right click on the wireless adapter and select ‘Update driver’ option. Now, select the ‘Search automatically’ option. If an updated driver is found, install the driver. If this does not resolve the issue, use automatic troubleshooting.
Fix Network Problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Windows 7 : Open Control Panel and click the ‘troubleshooting’ option. Double click Network and Internet and select the ‘Internet Connections’ submenu. Click the ‘Advanced’ option and select Next. Now, click the ‘Troubleshoot my connection to the Internet’. The problems will be resolved once troubleshooting is done.
- Windows 8 : Repeat the same steps for Windows 8 or update the wireless network drivers, reset the hardware and change the router settings to ‘Advanced’.