HP ENVY 15.6 X360 Laptop Setup Support
HP ENVY 15.6 x360 2-in-1 Specs
HP Envy 15.6 inch touchscreen laptop is pen-enables and is compatible with Windows 10 operating system. This convertible laptop contains 1TB storage and its Windows Hello system provides a complete protection and secure accessibility. It is designed beautifully to enhance the acoustic experience and the touchscreen is indestructible.
- Intel Optane memory
- Backlit keyboard
- Windows 10 operating system
- Dual Storage Support
Tech – Specifications
High bandwidth RAM runs smoothly for all games and photo. Open multiple Programs and browsers at a time.
8th Generation Ultra low voltage platform and its uses a turbo speed technology offers extra performance.
It has a three cell lithium ion battery with uses a battery life up to 8 hours.
15.6” inch touchscreen display with 1920*1080 resolution increases color and clarity.
Driver Configuration Support
A Driver is a means of communication between the printer and system. Click the link below to begin the download process. After completing the download process, locate the setup file based on the Downloads folder. The file format for Windows operating system is .exe file and for Mac is .dmg file. Choose the setup file and double-click on it to begin the installation process. Complete the process by clicking the Finish option.
HP ENVY 15.6 x360 2-in-1″ Laptop top issues
Screen does not respond to the stylus
Perform a hard reset- Press and hold the power button for at least 10-20 seconds till the HP logo displays and the release it. If the touchscreen is unresponsive even after the hard reset, the issue is with the touchscreen. In such cases, replace it with a new one. Certain stylus needs to be charged. Drain battery may be the reason. Solve the issue by charging it.
Touch screen responds inaccurately
Examine if the laptop supports a passive or active stylus. The Passive stylus is compatible with any touchscreen including that compatible with active styluses. A small surface area may not be detected by the stylus. In other cases, the active stylus turns off automatically when it is not in use. Improper storage can be the cause for the battery drain. Solve the issue by charging the battery.
Touch screen function changed after upgrading to Windows 10
Windows troubleshooting tool is a quick and easy solution to solve the touchscreen issue. Search for troubleshooting in Windows and click the relevant results . Click the View All option from the menu . Select the Hardware and devices option. Click Next and run the wizard option. It automatically detects and repairs the issues. Deactivate and activate the touchscreen to resolve the issue.
Other related laptop models
Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus
- Step 1 :The laptop is compatible with an active and passive stylus. The active stylus contains a digitizer into the screen.
- Step 2 :A passive stylus operates similar to that of a finger on the screen. They do not require batteries and can operate on any touchscreen device.
- Step 3 :An active stylus is compatible with all functions compatible with a mouse such as right-click, hover or more.
- Step 4 : Non HP supported passive stylus are not supported by laptop but most work with touchscreen computers and tablets.
Keyboard / TouchPad or ClickPad Troubleshooting
- Step 1 :Touchpad on the laptop does not work properly. Turn on or off the touchpad by double-tapping in it.
- Step 2 :Browse Windows for mouse button and then select the Mouse or Change mouse settings Control Panel in the results.
- Step 3 :Select the Device Settings option. Choose the desired touchpad under the Devices list and then choose Enable to activate the device.
- Step 4 :Update the Touchpad or Clickpad driver using the Windows Update. Follow the instructions to complete the process.
HP ENVY TS 15.6″ Touch Screen malfunction
When there is no response from the screen when you touch it, it indicates that there is touchscreen malfunction. Wipe the screen with help of a clean cloth. Turn off the system for a while. Disconnect the power cable from the laptop. Wait for 5 seconds. After a while, reconnect it and turn it on.
Screen does not respond to touch, or responds intermittently
Do a hard reset when the screen does not respond to the touch. If the laptop has a non removable battery, turn it off for a while. Unplug all external devices and AC adapter connected to it. Press and hold the Power button for at least 15 seconds to turn it off. Check if the touchscreen driver is enabled. Search for driver in Windows and open the Device Manager option. Click the Human Interface Devices icon to expand it. Right-click on it and select the Enable option.
HP Envy 15.6″ Display problem
Fuzzy text or blur image indicates display issue. Adjust the screen resolution- Video games often switches the resolution when the game is running. Improper termination of games and change in the resolution might not restore to the original settings. Update the graphics driver software. Automatic update is required to resolve the issue. Use the Windows Update or HP Support Assistant to solve the issue automatically. Install the latest BIOS to fix the display problem immediately.
How to fix 15.6″ Envy touchscreen going dark/blank after login
After updating the laptop to Windows 10, the blank issue occurs. Switch on the system by pressing the Power button. Examine if the Windows screen displays. Wait for at least 15 to 20 minutes for the boot process to complete . Download and install the HP Image Enhancement for System Logon software . After installing, reboot the system. If it is previously installed, Open Windows-> Type Services-> Services Desktop App-> App Readiness.
Graphics Not work after windows 10 Update
Update the Graphics Driver- examine if the driver is in its latest version. If the driver is missing or outdated, update it to its recent version. Do the update process manually. Download the correct version of the driver based on the version of the operating system. After downloading, install it manually. Use the Windows Update software to upgrade it automatically. After updating, the system solves the issues and avails all the latest features in the driver.
Testing for Hardware Failures
- Test the hardware components on the system using the diagnostic software. It confirms hardware failures when there is an issue. Use the Fast test to identify hardware issues. Run the Extensive test to examine the errors and find the symptoms of a hardware problem.
- If the particular component fails the test, note down the failure ID and resolve it. Avail the information regarding the Test logs on the main screen. The time required for running the Fast Test is about 4 minutes. Search for HP PC hardware Diagnostics Windows app in Windows. Select and click on it.
- If the app is unavailable, download and install it based on the on-screen instructions. Select the System Tests icon on the main menu. Click System Fast Test-> Run once.When the test is running, the remaining time and test results of each component are mentioned on the screen.
- If the software is available in the system . Search for it and click on it. Select the System Tests on the main menu. Select System Extensive Test-. Run once. During the testing process, the remaining time and the test result are mentioned on the screen. This test takes 2 hours to complete.
Windows 10 Product Activation
Activate the Windows 10 operating system to prevent software piracy. Stable internet connection is required to start the active Windows 10 automatically. If you install a different version of the OS, activating Windows is a part of the installation process. Upgrade it by entering the activation key in the System Properties tab.
Understanding and Using Windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest version of the operating system as it is a dynamic user interface environment. Start Screen in this OS can be easily changed and update to graphics driver is done frequently. Prior to updating to Windows 10, back up the important files or update the hardware drivers.