Fixed: HP Laptop Error 3f1
The HP Laptop Error 3f1 is a laptop issue, and occurs when the hard drive that runs the OS gets broken or corrupt. The error can also happen due to the damaged Operating system files.
In HP laptops, the errors are read as hard disk errors at the time you turn it on. The error can also be due to irregular entries in the Windows registry.
Common reasons for HP Laptop Error 3f1 are,
- Failed installation or uninstallation of the software.
- Improper system shutdown.
- Accidental deletion of a system file from the registry could be one of the reasons.
Here are some of the steps you need to carry out to fix the HP Laptop Error 3f1.
- The hard reset can clear everything from computer memory.
- Resetting the laptop can also establish a new connection between the hardware and the BIOS settings.
- Perform the following steps to reset your HP laptop.
- Disconnect the AC adapter.
- Remove any external devices connected to your laptop.
- Remove the battery from the back.
- Hold the power button for a minute until the screen turns on again.
- Insert the battery back into the laptop.
- The HP laptop will be reset. Power on and check if the error code has been fixed, if not proceed to the next step.
HP Hardware Diagnostics
- Usually, the hardware diagnostics come in two modes.
- The Quick mode
- Extensive mode
- The quick mode takes only a few minutes.
- The Extensive mode will take up to two hours.
- Perform the following steps to configure diagnostics on the hard drive.
- Power on the AC adapter to your laptop to start your computer.
- Make sure there are no external devices connected to your laptop.
- Hold the power button for about 5 seconds to turn off your laptop (If powered on).
- Press the Esc button simultaneously until the screen appears when you turn on your laptop.
- Press the F2 key to open the HP PC diagnostic tool.
- Choose the components test option and select the hard drive you want to fix using the navigation buttons.
- Click the Quick test option and choose the option run once.
- Wait for the scanning to end.
- If your laptop has multiple hard drives, you have the option of selecting test multiple hard drives.
- If the quick test does not resolve the issue, you can click on Extensive Test to troubleshoot the error.
- You can run additional diagnostics options. Press F4 to execute the hard disk tests.
- If the error still persists, proceed to drive reset hard.
- Turn off your laptop and wait for a couple of minutes.
- Power On your laptop and keep pressing the F10 button until the screen enters the BIOS mode.
- Make change the BIOS settings to defaults.
- After making the required changes, click the F10 button to save them.
- Press the Y key to choose Yes and hit Enter.
- The system will now reboot. If the error still shows, go to the next step.
Reset Hard Drive
- The error usually occurs when the hard drive inside the laptop is connected loose.
- Shut down your laptop and remove the battery.
- Make sure the USB devices and power cables are detached from the laptop, if any.
- Open up your laptop, try removing the hard drive, reinsert it carefully.
- In case the hard drive boot failed, proceed to the next step.
Data Recovery Tool
- Now is where the use of third party applications come in to play.
- Some reputed third party applications are:
- Stellar data recovery
- Rescue data recovery
- EaseUS data recovery
Using Stellar Recovery Software
- Download and install the Stellar recovery application.
- Once the dashboard of the Stellar recovery opens, click the Deep Scan option.
- Deep scan allows you to recover all the data and perform a raw recovery.
- All files, pictures, documents are easily removed from the laptop.
- Once you recover the deleted data, configure the drive using the Disk Management Tool.
- You can do a disk partition on your hard drive with a new drive to avoid further loss of data.