Resolved: HP Laptop Error Code 601
One of the most commonly occurring issues on the HP Laptop Error Code 601, and it indicates the battery problem. Follow the troubleshooting procedures until you resolve the error code 601 alert message on the HP laptop.
Procedure 1 – Re-inserting the Battery
If the power source on your HP laptop is faulty, then your laptop won’t turn on when you press the power switch, and the issue may be with the battery or the power cord that is used to charge your laptop battery. To check the power issue, carry out the below steps.
- Turn off the HP laptop.
- Disconnect the HP laptop from the power source and then remove the battery.
- Press the Power button on the HP laptop.
- Note: Do not hold the Power button for more than 25 seconds.
- Insert the battery back in the HP laptop. Attach the HP laptop’s power cord to the power source.
- Check if the error code 601 alert message is resolved after turning on the HP laptop.
- If not, continue with the rest of the troubleshooting steps to resolve the HP laptop error code 601 alert message.
Procedure 2 – Battery Test
- Ensure that the HP laptop is powered off before proceeding with these troubleshooting steps.
- You can check the battery performance by running the battery test on the HP laptop.
- Press the ON button on the HP laptop.
- This will turn on the HP laptop. Once you press the Esc key, the Startup Menu screen will open.
- Select the Battery Test option from the Startup Menu list by pressing the F2 key.
- Proceed with the on-screen wizard to manage the HP laptop’s battery performance.
Procedure 3 – Clearing the error code 601 without the battery
- The first thing you have to perform is shut down the HP laptop. Detach the HP laptop’s power cable from the power source.
- Take the battery out of the HP laptop. Hold the Power button for nearly 20 seconds approximately.
- After plugging the HP laptop’s power cable to the power source, turn on the HP laptop by pressing the Power button.
- Note: Do not insert the battery into the HP laptop.
- At last, boot the HP laptop and check if the error code 601 alert message is not shown on the screen.
Procedure 4 – Replacing the Battery
- If all the above-mentioned procedures do not clear the error code 601 alert message on the HP laptop, try to replace the battery.
- Make sure to purchase the genuine battery and then place it in the HP laptop.
- If the need arises, click the Call button provided below to get assistance from our technical experts. They will assist you in clearing the error code 601 alert message on the HP laptop.
- A few of the points are provided here to prevent the HP Laptop Error Code 601.
- Once the HP laptop is fully charged, remove it from the power source and use it with battery power.
- Perform the full charging & discharging process every month.
- Detach any accessories such as Wi-Fi adapter, Bluetooth, mouse, and other external devices when they are not in use.
- Save the battery life of the HP laptop by optimizing the brightness level.
- If required, activate the power saver mode or Eco mode on the HP laptop.
- If you use the HP laptop at home, use a power adapter instead of using the battery.
- Close the applications or tasks that you are not currently using on the HP laptop.