- Windows 7 Upgrade
Guide: HP Laptop Windows 7 Upgrade to Windows 10
HP manufactures different kinds of laptops suitable for various purposes. Most of its laptops are useful for both the home and office use. This web page will help you with the instructions for HP laptop Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10.
Before you start the upgrade process, read the following information:
- Make sure to back up all the important files stored on your Windows 7 laptop.
- Check if HP offers Windows 10 compatible software and updated drivers for your laptop model because HP provides them only to some specific models.
- Make sure that the laptop’s drivers and software are up-to-date.
- Update the BIOS if available.
- Check if the laptop’s hard drive is encrypted using any security application or HP ProtectTools. If yes, decrypt it.
- Make sure that all the software installed on the laptop are compatible with the Windows 10 OS.
Installing Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool
Simple three steps for HP laptop Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10. They are discussed below.
Step 1: Create the Windows installation media
- Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft’s official site and install it on the laptop.
- To do so, perform the instructions given below.
- Go to Microsoft’s official site.
- Click Download tool now > Open, Save, or Run. Now, the Media Creation Tool’s installer file will begin to download.
- Once it is downloaded, double-click on the installer file to begin the installation.
- Click the Accept button to continue.
- Select the Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC option.
- Choose your language, architecture, and edition in the corresponding fields.
- If you wish to install from a USB drive, then insert a USB drive into the laptop, and select the USB flash drive option on the Choose which media to use screen.
- Select your USB flash drive.
- Once it is done, a window titled Your USB flash drive is ready will appear on the screen.
- Click the Finish button.
Step 2: Installing Windows 10
- Open the USB drive followed by the setup file.
- Click the Yes button.
- On the Get important updates page, select the Download and install updates option.
- When prompted, accept the license agreement.
- Now, the Choose what to keep window will open with the three options given below:
- Keep personal files and apps
- Keep personal files only
- Select the option of your desire.
- Click the Next followed by Install.
Step 3: Completing the Setup
- On the Cortana introductory screen, select the Cortana voice recognition or your keyboard and mouse option to continue the setup process. But, by default, Cortana voice recognition will be selected. To deselect it, click the speaker icon.
- Select your region and keyboard layout when prompted.
- If you wish to add a second keyboard layout, then click the Add layout option on the page titled Want to add a second keyboard layout?.
- Connect your laptop to a network when prompted.
- Enter your email id, phone number, or Skype name in the given field on the Sign in with Microsoft screen.
- Perform the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the installation.
- Once Windows 10 has been installed, activate it by following the instructions given below.
Activating Windows 10
- The activation process will begin automatically once your laptop has been connected to the internet. When prompted, enter the valid product key.
- If your laptop is not connected to the internet, then the Windows 10 OS will not be activated, but it will be fully functional.
After installing the Windows 10 OS, make sure that your laptop is connected to the internet. If available, install the latest updates for all the apps installed on your laptop. Install the HP Support Assistant utility if you wish to install the latest software automatically. Make sure to install the updated video drivers, Ethernet & wireless network drivers, and audio drivers on your laptop.
Instant remote support for HP laptop Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 or other laptop queries, to reach us.