HP Pavilion X360 14M BA015DX Laptop Guidance
PAVILION X360 14M-BA015DX Specs
The laptop includes may features at an affordable price range. It delivers performance at good speed and includes a long-lasting battery. With dual HP speakers and HP Audio Boost, experience rich, authentic audio. It includes interfaces such as USB-C 3.1 Gen 1; 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1; 1 HDMI; Headphone/microphone combo jack. The laptop includes a Stylus Pen.
- 14.0-inch diagonal HD screen
- 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U
- An 8GB memory RAM
- Up to 10 hours long-lasting battery
Tech – Specifications
The RAM is capable to store large documents. You can perform heavy multitasking, media streaming, photo editing and gaming.
The Processor helps to perform computing chores such as web surfing, media playback, including high-resolution 4K videos and more.
The battery life is pretty good that keeps you going without charge for many hours.
Enjoy watching movies, videos and more with WLED-backlit multitouch screen.
Driver Configuration Support
Drivers are the main source of communication between the hardware of your laptop and the software of your OS. Maintain updated drivers to prevent system crashes and improve the hardware and system performance. An outdated or corrupted driver may cause system errors and cause the laptop or hardware failure. The problem can become worse by downloading an incorrect driver for the laptop. If you do not have the driver for your laptop, download it from this website.
The Quick Start sheet of Pavilion shows how to get your laptop up and
Running. The User Guide provides detailed information about your Pavilion laptop. It includes the information on operating, securing the laptop, comfort and safety checklist, caring for the laptop and more. Learn to reduce power consumption. Read the instructions in the manual to troubleshoot the issues with your laptop. Few common issues that occur with the laptop are given below.
HP PAVILION X360 14M-BA015DX Related Top issues
Keyboard Shortcuts, Hotkeys, and Special Keys (Windows)
There are different key combinations to quickly access common functions on Windows 10. Press the Windows key or Ctrl + Esc to open or close the Start screen. A combination of Windows key + S opens a search window to find files, folders, apps, settings and websites. A combination of Windows key + Ctrl + F helps to find computers on a local network. A combination of Windows key + H opens the Dictation input feature. Press Windows key + E together to open a File Explorer window to browse the files and folders on your laptop.
Keyboard and TouchPad or ClickPad Troubleshooting
There are various options to troubleshoot the TouchPad when it does not work on Windows 8. Double tap to switch on the TouchPad; repeat to turn it off. Perform a hard reset to check if it clears the driver instructions. If you cannot enable the touchpad, try enabling it from Windows. Search Windows for the mouse button option and select the Mouse or Change mouse settings. Click Device Settings or ClickPad Settings tab. Choose the desired touchpad under the Devices list and click Enable to turn on the device.
Updating the BIOS
- If your laptop does not have an Internet connection, use a laptop that has an Internet connection. This will help to download the update and save it to removable media such as a CD or thumb drive.
- Search for msinfo32.exe on your Windows to find the current BIOS version on your laptop and select it from the list of results. Search for the BIOS Version/Date entry in the System Information window.
- Due to the fact that few laptops have more than one kind of processor, compare the processor you installed to the documentation in your BIOS download before installing the BIOS update.
Recovering the BIOS
- Turn off the laptop and connect it to a power source using the power adapter. Turn off the laptop, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key simultaneously.
- While pressing the above keys, hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds and release the Power button. Continue to hold the Windows logo key and the B or V key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or a beeping sound occurs.
- If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the preceding steps. If the laptop starts Windows, update the BIOS to the latest version using the standard BIOS update method.
Other related laptop models
Creating and Using a Microsoft Recovery USB Drive (Windows 10)
The Windows system recovery tools in the USB drive helps Windows recover from a major error or restore the hp pavilion x360 14m ba015dx laptop from a system image. Copy the HP Recovery partition to the drive and to create a recovery USB drive, plug in a USB drive to the laptop. Type Create a recovery drive in the search bar, select Create a recovery drive from the search results and click Back up system files. Click Next –> USB drive –> Next –> Create –> Finish. Store the recovery drive in a safe place.
Testing for Hardware Failures
Use the Fast Test to diagnose the hardware issues. Run the Fast Test and if there are no errors found but the laptop still exhibits a hardware problem error, run the Extensive Test. Go to the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows app to run the Fast Test. Select the main menu and click System Tests –> System Fast Test tab –> Run once. Write down the failure ID if a component fails a test.
Understanding and Using Windows 10
Back up all important data to avoid the possibility of losing your data. Install the latest version of drivers for your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 printer. Try to update your antivirus software and the antivirus definitions before installing Windows 10. Once you install Windows 10, you automatically receive updates and security fixes from Microsoft. If the hard drive is encrypted, make sure you decrypt it.
Shutdown does not work
Undo any recent changes made to your system. Try to uninstall a recently installed program or an update or a device driver. Use the Task Manager to manually identify the probable cause. Perform a Clean Boot and check if it resolves the problem. If the issue persists, run Performance Troubleshooter. Reset BootExecute registry value and check if it resolves the shutdown problem.
About UEFI and the Startup Menu
UEFI is a firmware code on your motherboard that provides extra functionality, beyond the BIOS. The firmware code works with the BIOS to initialize the laptop’s hardware before handing hardware control to the OS. The firmware code is capable to load and display software programs from storage devices to provide more functionality. Access diagnostics and system information from the Startup Menu. When running UEFI applications, use the arrow keys and the enter key for navigation.
Computer Might Be Infected by a Virus or Malware (Windows 10, 8)
- Different forms of viruses and damaging software programs can harm your laptop and make it perform slower. Hoaxes are viruses that ask the email reader to perform a damaging process such as deleting an important document or moving people browsing the Internet to a malicious Web site.
- If you suspect a folder to be infected with a virus, delete it without opening it. To display the file extensions, go to My computer and select the Tools option. The Alt key displays the menu bar. Click Folder –> View and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
- Installing the latest critical updates will make your HP Pavilion X360 14M-BA015DX laptop more secure. Check if the virus scanner software is installed. If the software is not installed, install it as soon as possible to secure the documents and files on your laptop.
- Download the latest virus information lists, often referred as definitions from the Live update for a period of 60 days. Later, buy a subscription renewal from Symantec to safeguard the laptop against the latest threats. After updating the virus definition files for the antivirus software, scan for viruses.
Installing the Latest Version of Windows 10
To keep the Windows 10 PC secure and provide the latest features, the Windows 10 Update Assistant downloads and installs the latest version of Windows 10. To turn on automatic updates in Windows 10, select the Start button and click Settings –> Update & security –> Windows Update. To check for updates manually, click Check for updates. Select the Advanced options and in the Choose how updates are installed menu, select the Automatic option.
Windows 10 Product Activation
To check activation status in Windows 10, click the Start button and select Settings –> Update & security –> Activation. If you activated a free upgrade to Windows 10 or purchased and activated Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, you have a digital license for the device. Reinstall the same edition of Windows 10 without entering a product key. If prompted to enter a product key during reinstallation, skip the step. Windows 10 automatically activates online after the installation is complete.
HP Product Recycling
HP takes back and recycles branded computers, printers, scanners, fax machines, monitors, batteries and associated external components. The returned products are recycled properly, processing them to recover valuable plastics.Customers can drop-off used HP hardware products at specific collection points. There are convenient ways to recycle used Original HP ink and toner cartridges, LaserJet maintenance parts and supplies and Samsung toner cartridges. Non-HP branded products are not included in this program.