- Home »
- Sudden Decrease Of Laptop Battery Life
Why My Laptop Battery Life Suddenly Decreased?
The laptop battery drains only on rare occasions. But when it does happen on your laptop, you tend to get annoyed since you will not be able to find a possible solution to fix the issue.
Some possible reasons for your laptop battery life suddenly decreased are listed here:
- The laptop screen brightness being too high.
- The Bluetooth option is turned on, with no devices connected.
- More than one external device is connected to the laptop.
- The laptop must be having a CD in the CD drive.
So make sure to get rid of the battery draining issue with the solutions provided below.
- Open the Control Panel on your laptop.
- Scroll to the Hardware and Sound option and select Power Options.
- In the Power Options window, choose either Balanced or Custom plan.
- On the right side, click the option Change plan settings.
- You can make necessary changes in the Turn off the display and Put the computer to sleep drop-down menus.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- You must check the wireless connection on your laptop.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon on the bottom right corner of the desktop window.
- Click the Network and Internet settings option in the pop-up window.
- In the search bar, type Bluetooth & other devices.
- Check if the Bluetooth option is turned off.
- If you are using a wireless mouse, shift to a wired mouse to save the battery life and minimize Bluetooth usage. This will helps to resolve laptop battery life suddenly decreased issue.
- Make sure you do not have all the USB ports on the laptop connected to external devices.
- It will heat the laptop and result in draining the battery.
- It will also slow down the performance of the laptop.
- If your laptop is connected to an external device, navigate to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click the USB option and select the Eject Mass Storage option from the list.
Review Programs In The Background
- There are times when the programs running in the background will result in draining the battery.
- In such cases, end all the running applications.
- Open the Task Manager on your laptop (by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together).
- The Task Manager will show all the programs running on your computer.
- Select each program one by one, click the End Task button to fix from laptop battery life suddenly decreased issue.
Remove Cd From The Drive
- Sometimes, having the CD on the laptop will result in draining your laptop battery charge.
- It will also result in low performance of your laptop.
- Take out the CD from the CD drive located on the right side of the laptop.
- It does not necessarily mean you shouldn’t use the drive, make sure to plug the laptop to the power source before loading a CD or DVD in the drive.
- One more important method is, you should not keep the laptop charged for too long.
- It will reduce battery life and will result in overheating your laptop.
- If you find out your laptop battery is beyond use, replace the battery with a new one. If you have any further queries regarding your laptop battery life suddenly decreased problem, click the call button available on the screen.