- Laptop Error Recovery
Laptop Windows Error Recovery Guidance
Sometimes when you start a Windows system, you would see the Windows error recovery window instead of the desktop window. The error could be caused by various reasons such as damaged system files, corrupted drive, erased Boot Configuration Data, or corrupted files. Some solutions to fix the Laptop Windows error recovery issue are shared below.
Solution-1: Disconnect all Hardwares
- The devices connected to the system could lead to this error.
- If you have connected any external storage drive to the laptop, then disconnect it.
- Turn off the system and then remove the battery.
- After some time, reinstall the battery and turn on the computer.
- The system would start normally if the error is resolved.
- Now, connect all the peripherals and operate the laptop as usual.
- In case the recovery error reappears when you start the system the second time, go to the next solution.
Solution-2: Use Windows Startup Repair
- You can run the Startup repair utility from the sign-in screen itself. Click the Restart menu while holding the Shift key.
- Now, the system will restart and a blue screen showing Choose an option will appear.
- Select the Troubleshoot menu. Following that, choose Advanced options.
- Now select the Startup Settings option and click Restart.
- The laptop would restart while it scans the system and then it would boot normally.
- Try out the next solution if the issue remains unsolved.
Solution-3: Perform a System Restore
- If you have created a system restore point already, you can use it to restore the system to an earlier state.
- But restoring the system can erase some files, so back up the necessary files and data before proceeding further.
- On the desktop, search “create a restore point” using the Search bar and select the top result.
- Now, the System Properties window will open. Under System Protection, click the System Restore button and select Next.
- Choose a restore point to which you want to restore the system and click Scan for affected programs.
- Select Next and make sure you choose the correct storage location and then click Finish.
- Once the system has been restored to an earlier state, verify that the Laptop windows error recovery is withdrawn.