Microsoft Surface Book Laptop Setup Guidelines
About Microsoft surface book laptop
The Microsoft Surface Book is an ultimate laptop that delivers crisp and vibrant graphics. It also delivers up to 16 hours of battery life. This laptop gives you the increased speed and graphics performance with an Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M 2GB GPU. It is built to give you lightning fast access to programs, videos, and music. With an optional discrete graphics card, it delivers rich images and gaming power. This optional discrete graphics card handles intense professional tasks.
- 2.4GHz Intel Core i5-6300U
- 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
- 13.5-inch,(267 ppi) PixelSense Display
Tech – Specifications
The 8GB RAM is installed in this Microsoft Surface Book laptop.
This laptop is equipped with 2.4GHz Intel Core i5-6300U processor.
It supports 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE connectivity.
It is designed with Intel HD graphics 520 and Nvidia GeForce graphics.
The best driver that is compatible with your Microsoft surface book laptop needs to be downloaded and installed on your device to perform the necessary tasks without any issues. Choosing a correct driver for your laptop is very important as a wrong laptop driver can cause the occurred issues to get even worse than their actual occurrence. A laptop driver allows the communication between your laptop hardware and the OS software. Also, getting an outdated or corrupt driver for your laptop may actually result in crashes, system errors, and may also cause the hardware or computer failure.
You need to maintain your laptop with an updated driver in order to overcome the crashes on your device and also to increase the system and the hardware performance in your laptop. If you need the best driver for your laptop, then you can get it from here. Click the driver download link and get the driver downloaded on your device. If you need any support from our experts in downloading the suitable driver for your laptop, just give us a call at the Toll-Free number.
Get the best manual for your Microsoft surface book laptop from this website. You can find the manual download link on the displayed page. Get the manual downloaded to your device by clicking the link. The manual available here includes all the basic instructions about your device. With these manual instructions, you can easily operate your laptop without any trouble. The whole Microsoft surface book laptop related instructions are included in this manual. Using the user guide that is available here you can easily resolve the issues. This manual is created in an easy format with simple instructions for a better understanding of the user.
Make use of the tips that are included in this manual to handle your laptop in a better way. If you need any assistance on downloading the latest and updated manual for your laptop, get our technical team support who are available here to provide you the best support. Get the guidance from our experts and download the updated manual for your laptop. If you need any support regarding manual download, give us a call at the displayed Toll-Free number.
Microsoft surface book laptop Top issues
Restore or reset Surface
If you are experiencing any issue with your Microsoft Surface Book laptop, then you may need to reset or restore it to troubleshoot the problem. You have recently installed an app, driver, or update and your system is not working properly then you should try to restore from a system restore point. If you need help, call the Toll-Free number.
Surface won’t turn on or wake from sleep
If your Surface won’t start up, or if it goes to sleep and won’t wake up, press the power button once to turn on your Surface. You can wake your Surface using a special keyboard shortcut. Press the Windows logo key+Ctrl+Shift+B if you have a keyboard connected. For tablet mode, press both the volume-up and volume-down buttons three times in quick succession to resolve the issue.
Install And Use The Surface App
To adjust Surface Pen pressure sensitivity or disable the Windows button, you can use the free Surface app on your Microsoft Surface book. To install the surface app, on the Start screen, tap Microsoft Store. Enter surface in the search box and click Surface in the search results. Tap Install and the app gets installed. For help, dial the Toll-Free number.
Other related laptop models
How to find your wireless network password
- To find the wireless network password, you should first go to the Start button, and then select the Settings option and then tap on the Network & Internet option.
- You should now select the Connect option after you choose the network you want to connect. Then you need to select the search box in the taskbar.
- Enter view network connections in the search box,select View network connections in the search results. Press and hold the network name in Network Connections.
- Then you have to choose Status → Wireless Properties. Tap the Security tab,Show characters. The wifi network password gets the display in the Network security key field.
Connect Surface to a TV, monitor, or projector
- If you are using a display port to connect to a monitor, then using a DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort cable simply connect it to your Surface.
- You may need a Mini DisplayPort adapter for a display such as an HDTV or projector. An HDMI cable and an HDMI to Mini DisplayPort cable is needed for a TV with an HDMI port.
- Your Surface screen should appear on the external display once you have plugged in the cable. You will be able to view the laptop screen on the TV.
- If you need to extend your screen across both your external display and Surface display, open the Action Center on your Surface and tap Project.
Switching from Windows 10 S to Pro
Mainly this Windows 10 S is designed for security and performance. If you need to switch from Windows 10 s to pro, then you can switch to Pro through the Microsoft Store. To switch from Windows 10 S to Pro, first you need to select the Start button. Then you need to select the Settings option. In the settings, you need to tap on Update & security → Activation. Then you should search for Upgrade your edition of Windows. Select Go to Store under Upgrade your edition of Windows and switch from Windows 10 S to Pro. Once you have switched to Pro, you cannot go back to Windows 10 S. If you need any assistance on switching from Windows 10 S to Pro, just call the Toll-Free number.
What to do if Surface is running slower
If your Surface is running slow, then try to check the power mode setting in use. The modern devices are coming with an adjustable power mode allowing you to balance your preference between best performance and best battery life. Select the battery icon. Move the Power Mode slider to either the Better performance or Best performance setting if your device supports it. If the issue is still there, call the Toll-Free number.
Boot Surface from a USB device
If you want to change firmware settings or Windows startup settings, then it will be useful if you start your Surface from a USB drive. Before you can use a USB drive to start your Surface, set up your USB drive as a bootable drive and configure Surface to start from a USB device instead of the solid-state drive (SSD). Booting from a USB device does not reset or refresh your Surface. Dial the Toll-Free number for assistance.
Windows doesn’t start on Surface
If Windows doesn’t start correctly when you turn on your Surface, make sure that you have checked your connections and that your power connector light is on when its plugged into your Surface. Call the Toll-Free number to resolve the issue.
Troubleshoot Microsoft Surface Pen
If your Surface Pen won’t write, open apps, or connect to Bluetooth, check whether you can open apps and use your Surface with your finger. By inking, writing, or erasing in OneNote, Microsoft Edge, or Fresh Paint, test your pen. If the issue persists, call the Toll-Free number.
Troubleshoot blue screen errors
- If your PC gets shut down or restarts unexpectedly then it may result in the blue screen error on your device. The blue screen error is also called as the stop error. When your PC is turned on you won’t be able to see things like the Start menu or the taskbar on the screen when you experience this type of error.
- t just displays a blue screen with a message that your laptop ran into an issue and requires to restart. When you experience this error first you should check if the error has occurred after you upgraded to Windows 10, after an update was installed or while using your PC.
- If the issue occurred while using your laptop, the reason may be that hardware is malfunctioning. To resolve the issue, try to check for the updates, update your drivers for the laptop, scan device performance and health, run Windows defender offline, remove software, and remove the external hardware.
- Also, try to turn fast startup on or off and try to start in safe mode and check if the issue is resolved. In case the error occurred after an update was installed, then fixing the error depends on getting to the desktop. Try uninstalling the update that’s causing the error if you can get to the desktop.
- If you don’t know which one is causing the error, you might need to uninstall more than one update. Temporarily block the update from automatically installing again If uninstalling an update fixes the stop error. If you are still facing the issue with your laptop, then call the Toll-Free number and get our experts support.
Surface touchscreen: Problems with touch
If the touchscreen doesn’t respond correctly to touch, then check if the glass on your Surface touchscreen is cracked or broken. As this may also cause the problems with touch. To resolve this issue, try to clean the screen and restart your surface. Also, try to install the latest updates. If the issue still exists, then force a shut down to resolve the issue. Try to disable and enable the touchscreen driver. Reinstall the touchscreen driver and check if the issue is resolved. If not, then reset touchscreen calibration. Try to check for electromagnetic interference. If the problem exists, call the Toll-Free number.
Fix problems detaching, attaching, or typing with your Surface Book keyboard
If your Surface Book seems slow or if you have trouble detaching or attaching your Surface Book keyboard or if the keyboard or touchpad don’t work as expected, then try to keep your Surface Book keyboard connectors clean. Attaching and detaching the display, hangs or crashes, or other errors can occur with a dirty connector. Also, confirm that the clipboard and keyboard are securely attached. Get our experts help to resolve the issue in no time. Call the Toll-Free number to troubleshoot any type of issues with your laptop.
Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
If you’re having problems getting connected to a network, then try to restart your modem and wireless router. Doing this will create a new connection to your Internet service provider (ISP). If the problem persists, then call the Toll-Free number.
Why can’t I get connected?
If you are facing an issue in getting connected to a network to get online try to run the Network troubleshooter and check if it can diagnose and resolve the problem. If the issue is not resolved yet, then call the Toll-Free number and get our experts support.