Microsoft Surface Laptop Setup Support
About Microsoft surface laptop
The Microsoft Surface is a series of laptops that are extra-powered and equipped with the modern-day technologies. The device is built with the four tone-on-tone color fabrics. The exterior aluminum casing gives a charming look to the laptop. The keyboard is made ultra-thin and light with the Alcantara design. The laptop is suited for home, office and business works.
- Intel Core i5 7200u processor.
- 8GB RAM + 256GB SSD.
- 13.5” HD PixelSense display.
- 45Wh – 14 hours of duration.
Tech – Specifications
It has a RAM memory of 8GB. You can do multiple operations with an ease.
The system is built with the Intel Core i5 7200u Dual core processor.
The 45Wh Lithium ion battery allows you to work continuously for 14 hours.
The display offers multi-touch contact and direct interaction.
We provide support relating to the transfer and installation of the device drivers. The laptop is pre-installed with the Windows 10 package. Most of the device drivers are built default within the Windows 10 OS. You can conjointly download the drivers manually. The Surface laptop drivers are enclosed within the ‘Driver Downloads’ menu. Find the specific driver code with the presently put in package. Click transfer and save the file. Open the downloads folder. Extract the downloaded file. Run the setup. Enter the user credentials. Customize the settings. Tick mark the box displaying ‘I agree to the Terms & Conditions’. Click Finish.
When you need to update any driver, move to the Device Manager. Choose the particular driver from the list. Right click the chosen driver. From the drop-down menu, click ‘Update Driver’. The Windows searches the most recent version of the driver software. Once found, the driving force is automatically updated by the system. If you want to download the driver manually, click the Driver button below. The system redirects you to the download page.Driver
In the Manual Support, we offer an outline to the setup of the Surface laptops. Wireless affiliation – activate the wireless feature within the laptop. Scan and connect with the required network. Registration – Register the laptop by filling up the credentials. Driver installation – download and save the driver software. Run the setup file. You can refer to the instruction manual for a detailed explanation of the parameters. Safety with ease – take away the power supply solely after powering down the laptop. Do not place huge/bulk or electronic devices near the laptop. Install the peripheral devices once you read the manual.
Recovery – produce a recovery disk once the driver software installation is finished. This technique permits the user to retrieve the information, once they suffer with the lost password. This recovery disk also acts as the reset disk. You can reset the password from the home-screen, once the Windows turns On. If you have got any queries relating to the technical issues, our client support is prepared to answer the queries. Contact the support team by dialing the Toll-Free number.
Microsoft surface laptop Top issues
Restore or reset Surface
Click the Start menu. Open the Settings. Select the ‘Update & Security’ option from the list. Pull up the Recovery tab. Under the Reset this PC sub-menu, select Get Started. This displays a list of multiple options. ‘Keep my files’ – keep your saved personal files; ‘Remove Everything’ – deletes all the files; ‘Restore factory settings – deletes all the applications and restores the Windows to the factory version. You can select the option based upon your requirements. Follow the onscreen instructions. Select the ‘Reset’ option. Wait few minutes. The PC will restart after the reset process.
Surface won’t turn on or wake from sleep
Press and hold the Power button continuously for few seconds. Make sure that the battery is charged. If the problem is not resolved, follow the below steps. Using a special keyboard shortcut – Press the Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B buttons simultaneously. Or, press the volume Up and Down buttons repeatedly for three times, while using the Tablet mode. Wait till you hear a beep sound. The laptop begins to refresh the screen. After few minutes, the device automatically turns On. If not, turn On the device manually.
Other related laptop models
How to find your wireless network password
- Check the hardware – network provider. The password may be printed at the bottom of the device. Also, refer to the router’s documentation.
- Windows 10 – Click the Start menu. Open the Settings. Select the Network & Internet option. Scan and connect with the desired network.
- Type ‘View network connections’ in the search tab. Right-click the connected network. Select the Status option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Wireless properties. Open the Security tab. Select ‘Show characters’. The password will be revealed in the network security key field.
Connect Surface to a TV, monitor, or projector
- Single display(TV or Monitor)-Use a Display Port to Mini Display Port cable to establish the connection. When you use a projector/device with the HDMI ports, buy a Mini DP adapter.
- Connect the HDMI cable with the device. Plug the other end to the adapter. Bridge the adapter using the DP cable. The Surface screen now appears on the external display.
- Dual display-Use the Surface dock to connect the laptop with two displays. The dock possess ports for multiple purpose. This allows you to transform the laptop into a desktop.
- Take a DP to Mini DP cable. Connect the external monitors with the Mini Display Port on the Surface dock. Open the Action Center. Customize the display options.
Switching from Windows 10 S to Pro
The Windows 10 Pro cannot be downgraded after upgrading it from the Windows S. Click the Windows Start button. Open the Settings. Enter into the ‘Update & Security’ category. Select the ‘Activation’ button. Then select the ‘Go to store’ option. Select the ‘Install’ icon in the next screen. If the page prompts you to pay for the upgrade – make a payment using the Microsoft account or any other mode of payment. Once the payment is completed, click ‘Yes let’s go’ button in the pop up. Wait few minutes. The laptop will restart. The Windows 10 pro will be installed. Perform the first-time system setup process to complete the setup.
What to do if Surface is running slower
Power Mode settings-Tap the battery icon at the bottom of the screen. Change the settings to ‘Balanced mode’ to achieve greater performance. Cool down-The laptop turns hot when you use it continuously. Attach the external cooling fan below the device. Allow the device to cool down. You can also place the laptop in an air-conditioned room. Hardware-Open the search bar. Type memory. Select the ‘Windows Diagnostic tool’ from the list. Restart the device. The diagnostic tool runs the system checkup after restart.
Boot Surface from a USB device
Method 1-The surface laptop id pre-installed with the Windows 8/10. Open the Charms bar from the right side of the screen. Select the Settings charm. Tap the PC settings button. Go to the Advance Start-up menu. Click the ‘Restart now’ option. When the laptop restarts, you can use another boot device. Method 2 – Power Off the laptop. Insert a bootable USB flash drive. Press and hold the volume-down button. Switch On the device. Release the volume button when the display is lit. The laptop boots from the USB drive.
Windows doesn’t start on Surface
Switch the mode of power supply form USB-C to the primary power connector. Check whether the LED light of the power indicator is turned On. If the LED doesn’t turn on, change the power supply. Frequently, clean the power connector. The connection turns bad when dust and debris accumulate in the port. Then, go to the system settings. Install the necessary Windows updates. Or, reset your surface laptop using a USB recovery drive. To perform the reset option, kindly go through the ‘Restore or reset Surface’ sub-heading.
Troubleshoot blue screen errors
- When you upgrade to a newer version of the Windows, there are possibilities that the system may run into a BSOD. This issue is due to the installation of many unknown sources, third-party applications and anti-virus software.
- Uninstall the problematic software. Open the settings. Expand ‘System’ tab. Choose the application to uninstall. Right-click the app. Select Uninstall from the drop-down menu. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the un-installation.
- Disconnect all the non-essential hardware. The external devices slows down the processor and creates a dull screen on the laptop. Connect the devices only when needed. While upgrading the Windows, make sure to unplug all the peripherals.
- The damaged setup files also causes blue screen error. To resolve this, the Disk Cleanup tool is recommended. This tool deletes all the installed drivers. The Windows Update will automatically download and re-install the files.
- Install only the drivers that are compatible with the current version of the Windows Operating system. You can refer to the manual for the list of compatible drivers and their platform of support.
Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
Using NT – Type ‘Network troubleshooter’ in the search box on the taskbar. Select the ‘Identity and repair network problems’ from the list. Follow the onscreen troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Otherwise, go to the administrator settings. Reset the TCP/IP stack memory. Discharge and restore the IP address. Reboot the DNS client resolver cache. Delete the temporary files.
Why can’t I get connected?
Make certain that the network connection works on other devices. Set the router to broadcast its network SSID. Refer to our manual for the instructions to turn On the SSID broadcasting. Check the network adapter. Update the adapter. You can download the latest version of the adapter from this website. For further assistance, kindly contact our tech support using the Toll-Free number.