Solved: Windows 10 Update Breaks Windows Defender Antivirus
The Windows 10 update is a widespread issue faced by Windows users. The latest update has a bug that breaks the built-in security application the Windows Defender. Read below steps to fix Windows 10 update breaks Windows Defender antivirus issue.
This bug can be fixed in Two Ways.
- Restoring the system data using the System Restore point
- Updating the Windows Defender antivirus
Method 1: Updating the Windows Defender
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Next, type security in the search panel and press the Enter key.
- Otherwise, open the search panel directly by pressing the Windows + S shortcut keys.
- From the search result, click the Windows Security tab.
- In the Windows Security window, click the Menu icon to display the Virus & threat protection option.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection tab and locate Check for updates.
- Click the Check for updates button to update the Windows Defender antivirus.
Method 2: Restoring the Data using System Restore Point
- This method is applicable only if you have created a system restore point previously.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and type create a restore point in the search panel.
- Hit the Enter key and select the top-most option from the search result.
- This will open the System Properties window.
- Click the System Protection tab and click the System Restore button under the System Restore column.
- Click OK and then Next.
- Select the restoration point from the System Restore window.
- Click the Scan for affected programs button followed by Next.
- Click the Close button and then select Next.
- Confirm your restoration point and click the Finish button.
- Now, your Windows computer will restart and restore your system data to the created restore point.
- Now, check if the Windows 10 update breaks Windows Defender antivirus problem has been resolved.