- Home »
- Blue Screen At Startup
How To Fix Windows 10 Blue Screen On Startup Issue?
If you see only a windows 10 blue screen on startup computer after starting it, carry out the quick troubleshooting steps given below.
Windows Recovery Environment:
- Shut down your Windows 10 computer and then turn it on after a few seconds.
- Do this three to five times.
- This step has to be followed until the Windows 10 computer enters the Windows Recovery Environment.
- When the Choose an Option window appears on the screen, select the Troubleshoot option.
- Click the Advanced Options option followed by the Startup Settings option.
- Select the Restart option at the lower-right end.
- Once the Windows 10 computer starts, press the F5 key on the keyboard.
Uninstalling third-party applications:
- On the Windows 10 computer, right-click the Start icon at the lower-left end and choose the Settings option to resolve windows 10 blue screen on startup issue.
- Select the Apps option and click the Apps & Feature tab on the left panel.
- Select the third-party application that you want to remove and click the Uninstall option.
- If a prompt message appears, select the uninstall option.
- This will uninstall the third-party application from the windows-10 computer.
- Make surer to restart the computer.
Exit safe mode:
- Hold the Win and R keys at the same time, type ‘msconfig’ without the quotes in the Open field, and click OK.
- Click the Boot tab, navigate to the Boot Options section, and deselect the Safe Boot option.
- Check if the windows 10 blue screen on startup issue is resolved.
- If not, continue with the following steps.
- Go to the Windows search bar, enter device manager, and choose the Device Manager option from the search result.
- Select, expand the device that you need to rollback /disable/uninstall its driver, and right-click it.
- Choose the Properties option from the menu and then click the Driver tab.
Select the Roll Back Driver option followed by the Yes option.
Click the Disable Device option and select the Yes option.
- Select the Uninstall option and click the OK option.
- Check if the blue screen problem is resolved.
- An external storage device connected to the Windows 10 computer might also be the reason for the problem.
- Try to remove the external storage device and check if the windows 10 blue screen on startup issue has been resolved.
Additional solutions if the problem has not been resolved:
- Try to download upgraded files again.
- Do a clean installation.
- Install and update drivers.
- Launch advanced startup.