- Win 10 Device not Ready Issue
Why is my Device not Ready for Windows 10 2004?
There are several reasons for you to encounter the Windows error ’Device not Ready for Windows 10 2004’ or ’Your device isn’t quite ready for it.’ Some basic reasons for this error are listed below.
- System’s current software incompatible with the 2004 update
- Hardware without drivers for 2004 or incompatible with 2004
You can fix this device not ready for Windows 10 2004 error easily with the help of Windows Update Assistant. Let’s see the procedure to fix the issue in detail.
- First, close all applications on your Windows 10 computer.
- Connect your computer to a stable internet connection.
- Open a web browser and type Windows Update assistant in the browser’s search box.
- Click the Windows Update Assistant – Microsoft Support link from the search result.
- Now, a window titled Windows 10 Update Assistant will open.
- Locate and click the download the Update Assistant command line.
- Under the Windows 10 update, click the Update Now button.
- Wait for the update file to be downloaded.
- Once it is done, open the file.
- Click the Yes button to continue the process.
- Now, a window displaying the update availability status will open.
- If an update is available, the window titled Update to the latest version of Windows 10 will open. Click the Update Now button in it and then click the Next button.
- Now, the Windows 10 2004 update download process will be initiated.
- Wait until the download gets finished.
- Once it is done, a window with the ’Your update is ready. Your PC needs to restart to complete the update.’ message will open.
- Click the Restart Now button.
- Now, the Windows 10 2004 update will be initiated.
- It may take several minutes for the Windows update to complete.
- Once the Windows 10 2004 update process has been completed successfully, the message stated ’Thank you for updating’ will appear on the screen.
- Finally, click the Exit button.
If you still encounter the “device not ready for Windows 10 2004” error, contact us.