- Win 10 2004 Error
Solved: Windows 10 2004 Error 0X80D02002
The Windows 10 2004 error 0X80D02002 indicates that the Windows update has failed on your computer. Usually, when a new update is available, Windows 10 installs it automatically. If not, you can update it manually. The steps to install the Windows update manually on your Windows 10 computer are as follows.
- Open the Settings window, select Update & Security > Windows Updates > Check for Updates.
- If a new update is available, then the installation will begin automatically.
If the Windows update fails, then the Windows 10 2004 error 0X80D02002 would appear on the screen. To fix the error, perform the below-mentioned steps on your Windows 10 computer.
Windows 10 Basic Troubleshooting:
As soon as you encounter the Windows 10 updater error, make sure you carry out these basic troubleshooting steps.
- Check if your Windows 10 computer is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Check if your computer’s drivers are up-to-date. If not, update them and then try to install the latest update.
- Check if your computer is infected by any virus. You can check it by running a Full System Scan.
- Open the Run command dialog box and type the WSReset.exe command. This will reset the Windows Store and fix the error.
- If you still encounter the Windows update error 0x80d02002 after performing the above steps, then try these advanced methods.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Navigate to your Windows computer’s Settings section.
- Click the Troubleshoot tab followed by Windows Update.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once it is completed, try to install the latest update.
- If you encounter the Windows update error again, then check the regional and language settings.
- To check it, go to the Settings window and click the Time & Language option.
- If the settings are incorrect, then make the required changes as instructed below.
- Select your region or country from the corresponding drop-down menu.
- Similarly, add your language from the corresponding section.
- Click the Save button after modifying the changes.
- Now, try to install the latest Windows update on your computer.
- If the Windows 10 2004 error 0X80D02002 persists, contact us.