- Home »
- Win 10 Creators Update Problems
Windows 10 Creators Update Problems Solutions
Windows 10 Creators Update was launched recently for the download for your laptops, PCs, and tablets. As it a feature update, you avail latest improvements and features for the system.When an update is released, it may not work ad expected. You may face various issues that occur immediately after the update. Windows 10 creators update problems are outdated drivers, software conflicts, custom configurations or installation failure. Certain issues and their solutions are mentioned below for an easy reference.
How to fix Windows 10 Update Errors on Creators Update installs?
When you are trying to install the new updates released on Windows update software, an error message avoids you from updating .There are various reasons for the Windows 10 Creators Update Problems. These issues prohibit from applying new updates.
- Move to the Microsoft Store, download the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool.
- Once the tool is downloaded, locate it on the system. Click the Windows update option.
- Select Next-> Try troubleshooting as an administrator.Choose Windows update again.
- Click on it and press Next to commence the troubleshooting process. Select Close.
- “After” doing the overall procedure, reboot the system and try to install it again.
- If these steps do not solve the issue, install the Creators Update using the Media Creation tool.
How to fix Media Creation Tool Errors?
When you are facing a Dynamic Update issue while installing the Media Creation tool to the latest version1703, follow the steps below. Restarting the Windows 10 Creators Update Problems may lead to resetting of download process again and hanging up.
- Try to run the tool as administrator. With the help of the tool, plug in the USB drive.
- Right-click on the icon and choose the Run administrator icon . This may help to solve the issue.
- Deactivate the firewall software for a while. If it is the issue, make modifications and activate it again.
- Locate the File Explorer, open it by double-clicking on it. Press Windows +E key at a time.
- Type the C:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\Windows\sources on the search bar.
- View the list of setup files on the screen. Double-click the Setupprep .exe file to update the process.
- After doing all the above steps, reboot the system and then try to install it again.
How to fix Storage Problems during Update Installation?
There are various error codes that display on the screen while updating. The codes are mainly 0x80070070-0x50011, 0x80070070-0x50012. It occurs when the device does not have enough space to complete the process.
- Make use of the Disk Cleanup tool available with the OS to free up space on the hard drive.
- To do the process, press Start. On the search bar, type cleanmgr . View the list of files.
- Select the Disk Cleanup option to open it. Select the C: Drive. Select the OK option.
- On the screen, click the Cleanup system file button to start deleting the unused files.
- Delete the temporary files from the system. Remove all files from the Recycle bin, dump files.
- Ensure that do not delete Windows Setup temporary files as they are required to install a new update.
How to fix Corrupted files on a USB bootable media?
Creating a USB bootable media for installing the Windows 10 creators update problems at certain times may fail or create issues during the installation process. The corrupted files pause the installation process for a while.
- Download the installation files again from the website. Try to create the bootable media file to fix it.
- Ensure that to use Disk cleanup tool with the help of the Media Creation tool.
- Delete the temporary files from the system. Type %temp% on the search tab.
- Select all files that are listed on the screen. Press the Delete key to remove all temp files.
- It is necessary to delete the files prior to creating the media again. If not, the issue encounters again.
- Delete files that are existing in the Recycle Bin. This cleansup most of the corrupted files.
How to fix Stuck Downloading Updates using the Media Creation Tool?
Upgrading to Windows 10 with the help of Media Creation tool gets stuck while updating any additional features on the system. This happens during the installation process. Follow the solutions given below to solve it.
- Reboot the update process once the Media Creation tool completes the download process.
- Ensure that the network connection or internet connection is stable. During the download process.
- Once the Creators are updated, connect the system to the internet connection.
- Examine the updates by moving to the Settings-> Updates&Security ->Windows Update.
- Select the Check for Updates icon. This displays the current version of the OS.
How to fix Missing (or) Damaged Update Files?
Windows 10 Creators Update Problems Solution – While downloading or installing the Windows 10 Creator Update, an error code displays on the screen. It is displayed as a 0x80073712 issue. This indicates that the files required for installing 1703 version of OS are damaged.
- When the installation process is not done properly, the damaged issue occurs.
- Prior to doing the download process again, clean up the temporary files on the system
- Make use of the Disk Cleanup tool to delete the files which are referred as Windows Setup temporary files.
- To start the update process, move to Settings-> Update and Security-> Windows Update.
- Select the Check for Updates option to start the process again. If it fails, use the Media Creation tool.
- This is done to update the new Creators update. This steps surely helps to solve the issue.
How to fix Minimum Hardware Requirements Errors?
The laptops running on Windows 10 should be compatible with Creators update. There are certain changes in hardware requirements for this update. If the requirements are less, the laptop encounters the issue.
- When you are running a 32-bit version of Windows 10, the RAM should be at least of 2GB.
- The processor required for this update should be at least 1GHz with a display of 800*600 resolution.
- If you are having a hard disk of 32 bit, the memory space should be 16GB.
- If you are having a hard disk of 64-bit, the memory space should be 20 GB.
- The Graphics driver card of DirectX9 or later versions is installed with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- If certain devices do not support the requirements, it is recommended to install new memory.
How to fix Windows Update Errors trying to download updates?
Windows 10 Creators Update Problems Solution – When you see an error code 0x800F0922 or 0xc1900104 on the screen it indicates that the device is not able to communicate with the Microsoft server or the System Reserved partition runs out of space.
- If you have any issue connecting to Windows u[date, it can be due to VPN connection.
- Disconnect the VPN session for a while and then connect it again. After that, try to update.
- When the System Reserved partition space is less compared to the required size, follow the steps below
- Make use of the third-party applications such as security software gets occupied to the reserved space.
- This is the main reason for the update issue. Use any compatible tool to resize the partition.
- Enlarge the System Reserved partition up to 500MB to solve the issue immediately.
How to fix Driver Problem During Installation?
Windows 10 Creators Update Problems. While you are trying to install the updated files, an error code 0xC1900101 displays on the screen. It is mostly a driver related issue. There are various methods to solve the driver issue. Follow the steps below to fix it.
- Updating the driver to its latest version solves the issue. Download the latest driver
- To update the driver, uninstall the current driver from the system by clicking the Uninstall option.
- After uninstalling, click the Update Driver software option to check for updates.
- Once there is any update, download the driver and install it based on the on-screen prompts.
- Examine if there is any device connected to the system. Unplug the device that causes the issue,
- Install the Creators update and then reconnect the device again. Remove all external devices that cause the issue.
How to fix compatibility issues during installation?
The compatibility issues occur when the driver or application installed is not compatible with the operating system. The drivers can be graphics driver, device drivers etc. An outdated driver for a particular hardware can also causes the issue.
- When the device is properly working without Creator Update, it is difficult to find the driver issue.
- Make use of the Media Creation tool to perform the upgrade process. It displays the cause of the issue.
- If there is no sufficient space to perform the update, the issue occurs. Delete the unnecessary files.
- If the driver is up to date but it is the reason for the issue. Uninstall it for a while and then uninstall it.
- Uninstall the driver can be done by navigating to the Device Manager. View the list of installed devices.
- Examine the driver that causes the issue. Right-click on it and select Uninstall. After that, update it again.
How to fix installation error after an accidental restart?
When there is an accidental restart of the laptop while installing or updating, an error code 0x80200056 displays on the screen. This is one of the common issues you face during the installation process. Follow the steps below:
- While updating, maintain full charge. When there is a low charge, the system turns off automatically.
- Do not press any unnecessary keys during the update process. This may result in accident restart.
- Close the unwanted applications and do not click on any pop-ups during the update process.
- Try to update it again using the Media creator tool available on the laptop.
- During this installation process, ensure that there is no interruption.This makes the update process to work fast.
How to fix app-compatibility errors during installation?
The application compatibility issue occurs when the app that is installed on the laptop does not support the system. Due to this issue, you may not be able to update the app. Follow the steps below to solve the Windows 10 Creators Update Problems.
- Uninstall the incompatible app from the system. Move to the Control panel of the laptop.
- On the control panel, select the Devices and programs icon. View the list of installed software.
- Right-click on the app and select the Uninstall option. Based on the on-screen options, uninstall it.
- If you have installed anti-virus or security software for the system, then it can be the reason for the error.
- Deactivate the software for a while and examine if you are able to install it again.
- If yes, make necessary changes to the software settings and enable it again to fix the issue.
How to fix problems trying to complete the installation?
While trying to update the Windows 10, you are unable to do any changes . It prompts to not to turn off the system. Failure in configuring the update changes leads to reverting to the default settings.
- Make use of the Windows Update history information to diagnoze the issue and solve them.
- Move to Settings-> Update & Security-> Windows Update-> Advanced options-> View update history.
- On the link, check for the failed update and keep a note of the error code displayed beside it.
- Based on the issue, the troubleshooting steps vary. The main reason for the issue is using old laptops.
- They may not meet the system requirements. Turning off the device during the update process.
- Disconnecting the power cable and taking the battery out of the slot for a while may solve the issue.
How to fix Windows 10 activation problems?
After updating the OS to Windows 10, it turns deactivate avoiding the users to enable the full advantage of the operating system. Use the Activation Troubleshooter tool to re-enable the OS again. Follow the steps below to perform it.
- After signing up the Microsoft Account, make use of the new Activation Troubleshooter to enable Windows 10.
- Press the Windows and I key at a time to open the Setting son the Microsoft app.
- Select the Update & Security icon. Press the Activation icon. If the message displays Windows is not activated.
- Try to solve it by clicking the Troubleshoot icon. Select the I changed hardware on this device recently option.
- Type the necessary credentials for Microsoft Account and select the Sign in option.
- Choose the device you wish to re-activate. After a while, click the Activate option.
How to fix unexpected error while downloading installation files?
Windows 10 Creators Update Problems solution – You can view an error code 0x80190001 when an unexpected error problems while trying to download the required files.One of the main issues is to upgrade it using the Media Creation tool. Follow the steps below to do the process.
- Search the Media Download tool from the Microsoft Store. Download and install it.
- After downloading it, locate the setup file on the Downloads folder. Select the MediaCreationtool.exe file.
- Double-click on it to start the process. Agree to the terms and conditions displayed on the screen.
- After that, select the Upgrade this PC now option. Select the Next option.
- Ensure that the Keep personal files and apps option is set as the default option.
- If no, select the Change what to keep to alter the settings. Select the Install to start the process.
How to fix Windows 10 Creators Update DTS / Dolby Digital Live audio?
After the update process, the Realtek High definition Audio driver does not support the Dolby digital live and DTS Surround. This issue occurs after installing the driver or due to the clean installing of Creators update
- Dolby Atmos is one of the available features of the Windows 10 Creators Update.
- To fix the issue, uninstall the Creator Update until the Microsoft release the solution for it.
- Examine if there is any new update for the Realtek High Definition Audio driver.
- To remove the update, navigate to Settings-> Update & Security->Recovery.
- Select the Get Started option under the Go back version of Windows 10. Choose you reason.
- Select Next-> No thanks-> Next-> Next again-> Go back to earlier build to start the process.
How to fix Windows 10 Creators Update problems with Intel’s Clover Trail processors?
Windows 10 Creators Update Problems – Most Intel Clover Trail processor does not support the Windows 10 Creator update. Due to this, you may not be able to install it. After the installation, the icons and texts may not be visible. It may also show solid color blocks.
- If the devices have unsupported processors, it is suggested to update after a permanent solution.
- If you have installed the update, remove it to fix the issue. While removing it, do not turn off the system.
- Move to the Settings icon. Select Update & Security-> Recovery-> Get Started.
- Get started option is available under the Go back to previous version of Windows 10.
- Choose the reason for reverting and select Next-> no,Thanks->Next-> Next again.
- Select the Go back to earlier build option to start the process. After this, the system starts functioning.
How to fix Windows Defender update problem on the Windows 10 Creators Update?
After updating Windows 10, it is not possible to install the latest version of Windows Defender Anti-virus. It can happen due to the Windows update or Windows Defender Security Center.To fix it, install the update manually.
- On the laptop, move to the Settings option. Select the About option. Choose the System type option.
- Examine of the 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 10 operating system is running on the laptop.
- Download the latest update for the Windows Defender software from the Microsoft Store.
- After downloading, check for the files in the Downloads folder. Locate the setup file.
- Double-click on it to start the process. By following the instructions, complete the process.
- Try to install a third-party anti-virus software for a while to avoid the attack of a virus on the laptop.
How to fix mouse issue after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update?
Windows 10 Creators Update Problems – After installing an compatible app on the laptop, it screens low resolution and the mouse stops working. It happens when opening the app on full- screen. This issue can occur due to the Nvidia drivers installed.
- After installing the Windows 10 creators update, install the latest motherboard driver.
- Download the latest version of the driver for the motherboard. Do not turn off the system during the download.
- Maintain a stable internet connection to avoid the download of corrupted drivers.
- After downloading, get the setup file from the Downloads folder on the laptop.
- Locate the setup file. Double-click on it to initiate the process. Based on on-screen prompts, install it.
- If you have any issue while downloading, refer to the instructions on this website.
How to install the Windows 10 Creators Update on a Mac?
If you are running a Windows 10 OS on a Mac system, it is not possible to perform a clean install of the Creators update. It can be mainly due to the incompatible issues with the Apple’s Boot Camp Assistant .
- To install the Creators Update on a Mac system, do a clean installation of Anniversary Update.
- Do this update with the help of the Boot Camp Assistant. After that, install the Creators Update.
- Try to do the Creators Update with the help of Update Assistant. Get the software file in ISO format.
- Prior to installing it, examine if the system meets the requirements for the update process.
- While using the Windows 10 OS, the Mac system supports the 64- bit version of the OS.
- If you need further assistance regarding the installing process, refer to this website.
How to fix Microsoft Edge sync problems?
Windows 10 Creators Update Problems – Certain web credentials and data do not get synchronized across devices after installing the Windows 10 creators update. This issue is mainly due to the Creators Update. Update the current DNS settings to fix the issue.
- Make use of the custom DNS settings to change. Move to the Control panel of the laptop.
- View the list of available icons on the screen. Locate the Network and Internet option.
- Select the Network and Sharing Settings-> Change adapter settings icon on the left pane.
- Select the Properties icon by right-clicking the network adapter on the screen.
- Select the Internet Protocol version 4 located in the Network tab.Choose Properties
- Click Use the following DNS server addresses and type the DNS IP address. Press OK to make changes.
How to fix apps crash after installing the Creators Update?
Windows 10 Creators Update Problems – The apps installed in the laptop gets crashed immediately after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update using the Update Assistant. This issue happens when you are trying to open it.It is the issue with the OS version1703.
- It is suggested to revert to the older version of Windows 10 to overcome this issue.
- To remove the update from the laptop, open the settings icon. Select the Update and Security option.
- On the Update and Security option, select the Recovery option. Look for the Get Started option.
- It is located on the Go back to a previous version of Windows 10 tab.
- Choose the reason for reverting to the previous version and select the Next option.
- Select the No,thanks-> Next->Go back to earlier build option to start the rolling back process.
How to fix error 0x80073715 installing Windows 10 build 15063.138?
After installing Windows Creator Update , an error code 0x80073715 displays on the screen. Note down the error code and examine the solutions for the particular issue. Follow the steps below to solve the issue immediately.
- Download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter on the screen. It solves the issue automatically.
- Examine if the Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit . Based on this, Download the Microsoft Update catalog.
- Reboot the system after the download process. Examine if there are any updates.
- After downloading, click the file to start the update process. Remove the corrupted files.
- It can be done with the help of Command Prompt or use the DISM tool.
How to fix Night light option grayed out on the Windows 10 Creators Update?
Windows 10 Creators Update Problems – After installing the Windows Creators Update, the night light feature is not working properly or unable to turn off the feature. In certain cases, the feature is grayed out and it cannot be enabled again. Follow the solutions given below:
- The outdated video driver is one of the main reason for the night light issue.
- Solve the issue by downloading and installing the updated graphics driver for the graphics card.
- On the laptop, click Start. Locate the Device Manager on the screen. Select from the result.
- Click the Display adapters on the screen. Right-click on the icon and select Update Driver Software.
- After selecting it, check for updates. If there is any update, install it based on the on-screen instructions.
- It is suggested to install the video driver that is compatible with the Creators Update.
How to fix black screen problem with the Windows 10 Creators Update?
During the installation of Windows 10 Creator Update, a black screen is visible on the screen. When the updates are not installed properly or it can be a video driver or hardware related issues. Follow the steps to solve the Windows 10 Creators Update Problems.
- The best method is to wait for a while and examine if the issue exists between 3 to 6 hours.
- There are chances for the installation process to stop in the middle. If yes, do a forced shut down.
- Hold the Power button for 10 seconds. Wait for the system to get shut down. Disconnect the power cable.
- Remove the battery from its compartment and other external devices connected to the system.
- After a while, connect them back. Try to update the Windows 10 manually.
- After a while, connect them back. Try to update the Windows 10 manually.
How to fix Windows 10 before installing a feature update?
While using the same installation process for a long time, this can cause the kind of maintenance and other issues. This avoids the Windows Creator update from installing on the device. Follow the steps below:
- Make use of the SFC command tool on Windows 10 OS to rectify the corrupted or missing files.
- Use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management Utility which is also used to repair the files.
- With the DISM to repair the Windows image, it permits to use the System file Checker yo fix any issue.
- Press the Windows +X button to open the Power user menu. Select the Command Prompt.
- Type DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/CheckHealth on the command and click the Enter option.
- If you need any further reference to the issue, navigate to the related steps mentioned on this website.
How to fix ‘No Internet access’ after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update?
In certain cases, after updating to Windows Creators Update, it is unable to connect to the internet connection. Do a network troubleshooter tool to automatically fix the Windows 10 Creators Update Problems.Follow the steps below to do it.
- Locate the Settings option on the laptop. Move to the Settings option. Select the Network and Security option.
- On the Network and Security option, select the Status option. Select the Troubleshoot icon under the Network status.
- Make use of the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting steps to turn it online.
- Uninstall and re-install the network update driver to solve the issue immediately.
- Deactivate the firewall and anti-virus for a while. Make necessary network settings to fix it.
- Reboot the system again to solve the internet related issues from the laptop.
How to fix missing power options after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update?
After updating to the Windows OS, you cannot find the power menu options on the system. It displays a message indicating there are no power options available. You can see only the Sign out option on the laptop.
- It happens due to the Group Policy object issue that manages the power options on the laptop.
- Press the Windows + R key at a time to access the Run command on the laptop.
- On the search bar, type gpedit.msc and select OK to access the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Select the Remove and prevent access to the Shut Down, Restart, Sleep and Hibernate option.
- Ensure that they are not configured. Select the Apply option to make changes and choose OK.
- After making the necessary changes, reboot the system to examine if the power menu is visible.
How to fix Bluetooth problems installing the Windows 10 Creators Update?
If you are unable to connect to the Bluetooth accessories after updating. It can be due to the incompatibility. In certain cases, the laptop is unable to identify certain specific series of Broadcom Bluetooth series.
- Follow the guidelines below to roll back to the older version of Windows operating system.
- It is suggested to do it until you get the permanent solution for the Bluetooth related issue.
- Try to use certain other apps that support the sharing of data or files without connecting Bluetooth.
- Examine if the Bluetooth option is enabled for both the devices. If it is not enabled, the issue occurs.
- If you are rolling back, provide an appropriate reason for doing it and then start the process.
- If you need steps regarding the downgrading process, follow the guidelines mentioned on this website.
How to successfully install the Windows 10 Creators Update?
While installing a new version of Windows 10 operating system, it takes several hours to complete. It is not easy to complete the process without any issue. Follow the steps below to prevent errors during installation.
- Try to create a backup of the data or file of the system prior to installing for Windows Creator update.
- Uninstall the apps that create conflicts between the hardware and operating system.
- In certain cases, installed anti-virus software creates issues. Deactivate for a while.
- Unplug all connected and non-essential peripherals from the laptop during the installation .
- Do a clean installation prior to installing Windows 10 Creator update. Do it using Media creation tool.
- During the installation or download process, do not turn off the system.
Windows 10 Creators Update not installing
While installing to Windows 10 update version 1703 on the laptop, you may face various Windows 10 Creators Update Problems. In certain cases, it may be specific. At times, during the installation, process the system automatically reverts to the previous versions with a few flashes. Without upgrading, the system reboots automatically. When the update is in 75%, the system starts to reboot automatically. Here are the basic steps that are followed when the update fails to install properly.
Delete the folder $WINDOWS.~BT
- Locate the File Explorer icon. Open the File Explorer by double-clicking on it.
- Find the View tab among the tabs on the top and select it from the tab.
- In the C: drive, look out the Folder referring $WINDOWS.~BT. Select and delete it.
- This file is creating during the update process. After deleting it, start the process again.
Upgrade using Windows 10 Installation Media Tool
- Use Installation Media Tool to download Windows 10 OS without a product key.
- Get the tool in 32-bit version as well as 64-bit version and also in ISO file format.
- While running, two directories get creating for downloading and installation process
- Choose the media to create the installation file. Ensure that it should be at least 3 GB.
Rename the Software Distribution file
- If the Windows update is not in working condition, check the size of the folder.
- If it is very large, it is necessary to delete the software distribution file from the system.
- If the file size is satisfactory or minimum, try to rename it for future reference.
- To rename it, right-click on the file and choose rename option. Type the file name to do it.
Note down the error
- While updating the system, certain error code displays on the screen, note it down.
- If the Error Code is 0x8007312, it can be due to the damaged or corrupted files.
- If the Error Code is 0x800F0923, it can be due to incompatible issues with the OS.
- If the Error code is 0x800F0922, it can be because of the connection issues with servers.
Windows 10 Update Assistant
- While using the Windows 10 update Assistant, click the Update Now option on the screen.
- It starts to download the Windows10Upgrade.exe file to the system. Double-click on it.
- View the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant on the laptop. Select the Update Now to proceed.
- It examines the compatibility of the OS and starts to upgrade automatically.
Verify hardware compatibility
- Prior to installing the laptop to Windows 10 Creator update, examine the requirements.
- If the minimum system requirements are not met, the issue starts with pop-up .
- Examine if all the components installed on the laptop are compatible with the OS.
- During the update process, the RAM size should be large enough to install the OS. For more Windows 10 creators update problems solution reach us.