Solved: Windows 10 Restarts Suddenly & Randomly
Have you come across any issue on your Windows 10 operating system where it restarts randomly for no reason? If yes, then there are several troubleshooting methods that can help you resolve the Windows 10 restarts suddenly and randomly issue in no time.
Carry out any of the troubleshooting methods given below to get the issue solved.
Method 1: Enable Sleep Mode in Laptop
- Click the Windows (Start) icon seen at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Navigate and select the Control Panel option.
- Scroll down to the Hardware and Sound option and select Power Options.
- In the Power Options window, choose from Balanced or Custom plan.
- On the right side, click the option Change plan settings.
- You can make necessary changes in the Turn off the display and Put the computer to sleep drop-down menus.
- Once done, click the Save Changes button.
Enabling sleep mode on your Windows 10 computer can help in fixing the Windows 10 restarts suddenly problem.
Method 2: Disable Automatic Restart
- Launch your Windows 10 computer.
- Right-click the This PC icon and click Properties from the list.
- On the left pane of the Properties window, select the Advanced Settings option.
- In the System Properties window, select the Advanced tab and click the Settings button from the Startup and Recovery section.
- Navigate to the System failure section and click the checkbox to disable the Automatically Restart feature.
- Click the OK button.
Method 3: Reinstall Graphics Card Drivers
- Open the Device Manager (Windows key + X) window.
- Choose the installed graphic card from the Device manager list, right-click it, and select the Uninstall option.
- Now select all the drivers related to the graphic card and click the Uninstall option.
- Restart the computer. Also, make sure you have an internet connection.
- Open a web browser, enter the graphic card manufacturer URL in the address bar and download the latest version of the graphic card drivers and install them.
Method 4: Perform A System Restore
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type sysdm.cpl and press the Enter button.
- The System Properties window will open.
- Click the System Restore button and click OK.
- Select the option to restore the system to its previous state and click the Next button.
- You can now follow the on-screen instructions and complete the system restore.
- Restart the computer once finished. Now check the Windows 10 restarts suddenly issue fixed or not.