Windows 10 Laptop Taking Too Much Time To Shut Down
If the Windows 10 system has a specific type of bug, it makes windows 10 laptop taking too much time to shut down. Even after you shut down and the screen turns off, the status lights on the keyboard stay on, which indicates the slow shutdown on the Windows system. The developers say that the bug is caused by the USB Type-C controller files, which leads to the prolonged system shutdown. Continue to read the different solutions to solve the long system shutdown.
Keep Windows updated
- Click the Start icon and select the Settings icon to open the Settings window.
- Following that, select the Update & Security menu and check the Update Status under Windows Update.
- If it is not up-to-date, then click the Check for Updates button and go on to update to the latest system version.
Turn off the Fast Startup
- Search for “Control Panel” using the Search bar on the desktop, and click the recommended result to open it.
- Next, in the Control Panel window, select Hardware and Sound, then click Power Options.
- Now, select Choose what the power buttons does from the left panel and click Change Settings. This will be helpful to resolve your windows 10 laptop taking too much time to Shut Down issue.
- Navigate to the Shutdown settings division and tick the checkbox of Turn on Fast Startup option to disable the menu.
- Click the Save Changes button to save.
Change the power plan of the system
- Open the Power Options dialog box in the Control Panel window by following the steps mentioned in the previous solution.
- Select the Change plan settings menu and change the power settings as required.
- Click Change advanced power settings, and the Advanced settings tab appears in the box.
- Next, select the Restore plan defaults button to return the system to old power plans and click Apply.
- After making all the changes, select OK. now your windows 10 laptop taking too much time to shut down issue is resolved.