Fixed: Windows 10 Not Installed Properly In Laptop
Like any other software, Windows 10 and its installation can be quite a task and incorrect installation of the OS could often lead to hardware errors. There are some bugs that could be the issue when you start to upgrade the OS from Windows 8 to Windows 10.
If you are also facing Windows 10 not installed properly in laptop, you are at the best place to get the solution.
- Here are the most commonly occurring Windows 10 installation problems.
- Driver Errors leading to the incompatibility Windows 10 installation
- A file is either corrupted or damaged.
- Windows 10 cannot connect to the drivers.
- The computer does not have the proper updates installed
- Not enough space for installation
Let us now have a look into the troubleshooting methods to resolve the Windows10 installation problems.
Method 1: Perform A System Restore
- Open the Run command, type system.cpl, and then press the Enter button.
- The System Properties window will open.
- Click the System Restore button and click OK.
- Select the option to restore the system to its previous state, then click the Next button.
- You can now follow the on-screen instructions and restore the system.
- Restart the laptop once finished.
Method 2: Uninstall & Reinstall Driver
- In the Search bar, enter ‘Device Manager’ and press the Enter button.
- The Device Manager window will now open.
- Scroll down the window and select the Network Adapter option.
- Perform a right-click on the network driver and click the Uninstall button.
- Select the OK button to confirm the action.
- Now, wait for the driver to uninstall and then click the Computer icon that is at first.
- Perform a right-click on the icon and click the option Scan for hardware changes.
- Restart your Windows 10 laptop.
Method 3: Uninstall Antivirus
- We will now be describing the steps to disable Windows Security on your laptop.
- In the Search bar, enter Settings and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Settings page will open. Click the Update & Security option.
- Click the Windows Security option on the left side of the pane.
- Scroll down and click the Firewall & network protection button on the right side of the page.
- Select the Public Network (active) option.
- Now, you have to disable Windows Defender Firewall.
Method 4: System File Check
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run command. Type cmd and press the Enter button.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter sfc /scannow and press the Enter button.
- Wait until the scan is completed and restart the computer.
Method 5: System File Check (sfc Scan)
- Open the Command Prompt window on your laptop.
- Type the command chkdsk /r and then press the Enter button.
- The command will scan the system and fix the errors along the way.
Method 6: Repair Windows Essentials
- Open the Control Panel on your laptop.
- Select the Programs and Features option in the Control Panel window.
- Scroll down and select Windows Essentials 2012. Perform a right-click on the option and click the Uninstall/Change button.
- You will now see two options. Select Repair all Windows Essentials programs.
- The repair will take place. Click the OK button once completed.
Now you have seen the different methods to fix Windows 10 not installed properly in laptop issues.