Windows 10 Update Break Windows Defender Antivirus – How To Fix?
Microsoft released an update for Windows 10 OS recently, and many users have been struggling to fix the bug within the update. The update bug breaks through the Windows Defender antivirus and makes the computer vulnerable to threats. If you are one of the persons facing this issue, refer to the quick steps given on our site to fix Windows 10 Update Break Windows Defender Antivirus.
- This method is applicable for the Windows 10 users who have already created a system restore point.
- Using the system restore point, you can bring your Windows computer to normal working condition.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Enter system restore in the search panel and press the Enter key.
- From the search result, click the System Restore tab.
- Now, the System Properties window will appear on the screen.
- Click the System Protection tab and go to the System Restore column.
- Next, click the System Restore button and click OK.
- Click the Next button and choose your restore point in the System Restore window.
- Click the Scan for affected programs button and click Next.
- Click Close and select Next.
- If prompted, confirm your restore point by clicking the Finish button.
- Now, the Windows computer will be restarted automatically and restored to the previously created restore point.
- This is another troubleshooting method to fix the problem.
- In this method, we need to check if the problem can be fixed by updating Windows Defender.
- Navigate to Windows Settings and click the Windows Security button.
- In the Windows Security window, click the Menu button if the Virus & threat protection tab is unavailable.
- Click the Virus & threat protection tab and click the Check for updates button.
- If any update is available for Windows Defender antivirus, install it to fix the bug.
- By using these steps to fix Windows 10 update breaks Windows Defender antivirus.