How to fix Windows 10 Slow Startup?
The slow startup of a Windows system will be worrisome, as it makes the reboot and startup difficult for the user. Fixing the slow startup issue is not a big deal. Use the following methods to troubleshoot the problem.
Turn off the fast boot mode
- By default, the fast boot mode is enabled on Windows 10 systems, and it works by loading the startup information while the shutdown process is on, thus reducing the startup time.
- The mode does not work properly for everyone. So, when the windows 10 slow startup issue occurs, go on to disable it.
- Click the Start icon and select the Settings icon on the desktop.
- When the Settings window opens up, choose the System menu, and click Power & sleep.
- Find the Additional power settings link on the right-side panel and click it.
- Next, the Power Options menu appears. Now, click on the Choose what the power buttons do option from the left panel.
- If the system prompts to enter the administrator password, type it, and continue.
- Now, choose the Change settings that are currently unavailable link above Power and sleep button settings.
- Click and disable the checkbox of Turn on fast startup and click Save Changes.
- If the option is not present, then the fast startup has been disabled already on the system.
Set virtual memory manually
- By creating a virtual memory of the hard drive, the system starts to access the virtual memory when the actual storage memory (RAM) is inaccessible.
- Click the Search bar on the desktop, then type “Performance” and press Enter.
- Select the suggested result to open the Performance Options window on the screen.
- Following that, go to the Advanced tab and click the Change button under the Virtual memory division.
- In the Virtual Memory window, check the Recommended and Currently Allocated memory of the drive.
- In case the allocation is more than the recommended memory, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all devices menu at the top.
- Click the radio button of the Custom size option, set the Initial size and Maximum size, and select OK.
- After that, restart the system, and it will fix the windows 10 slow startup issue.