- PPPoE Error
Windows 7 Error 651 Solution
Windows 7 error 651 is one of the common errors that occur on a computer. This error usually occurs when the computer tries the connection using the PPPoE setting. PPPoE means Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet and the main function of the PPPoE is it connects multiple users to an Ethernet local area network.
Some of the major causes of Error 651 on your Windows 7 computer are:
- An issue with the network card driver
- Internet and IP Configuration
Follow one or more methods given here to fix the Windows 7 PPPoE error 651.
Method 1: Restart Computer and Router
The first method to fix the problem is to restart your computer and the router.
- Click the Start button on your Windows 7 computer.
- Click the Power icon and then click Restart from the list.
- The Windows 7 computer will restart.
- Similarly, turn off your router and remove the power adapter from it.
- Again, after some time, plug in the power adapter and turn on the router.
- Now, check if the Windows 7 error 651.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Network Adapter
One of the best ways to resolve the Error 651 is to run the Windows troubleshooter. The built-in Windows tool will help in resolving the hardware failures related to the adapter.
Follow the steps as described below.
- Click the Start icon located at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen.
- Type ‘Troubleshoot’ in the search box and press the Enter button.
- Click the ‘Troubleshooting’ link from the search result.
- On the left pane, click the View All option.
- Scroll down and select the Network Adapter option.
- Double-click on the Network Adapter option and click the Next button.
- The troubleshooter will run on the computer and fix the problem.
Method 3: Update Network Adapter
- Click the Windows icon on your computer.
- Locate and click the Device Manager option.
- Right-click on Network Adapter and select the option Update Driver.
- Click the Automatically search for updated driver software option.
- Click the Close button once complete.
- Once the updated driver is installed, reboot the computer.
Method 4: Disable IPv6
- You have to check the network settings on your computer and disable IPv6.
- Right-click on the internet icon and select the option Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select the Change Adapter Settings option on the left side of the window.
- Right-click on the network option and select the Properties option.
- Click the checkbox to disable IPv6 and click the OK button.
- Restart your Windows 7 computer and check whether the Windows 7 error 651 has been fixed.